Who will be the first man to stop Deontay Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Eldogg, Nov 17, 2019.

Who will stop Deontay Wilder

1. Tyson Fury

2. Anthony Joshua

3. Andy Ruiz

4. Luis Ortiz

5. Dillian Whyte

6. Joseph Parker

7. Oleksandr Usyk

8. Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Still saying Fury. He will be 20%-30% better next time out, and he had his moments when he visibly hurt Wilder in the last one.

MidniteProwler and MorvidusStyle like this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hrgovic for me. He is something special and will be the next champion for a number of years.

It will either be him, or one of Wilders cherry picked defences that will go wrong (so that is none of those listed)

Tyson Fury cant punch so it wont be him.

I doubt AJ- Wilder ever happens. Whyte-Wilder never happens as that is a solid duck.

HW boxing has a funny habit of cherry picked defences going wrong just asked AJ.

3. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    If it's the case no HW can really stand up to flush shots from Wilder, no matter their chin, just as a matter of physics ... then it could be the fighters who either brawl with him from the outset and land or get KO'd, or the guys who can avoid the majority of bombs enough to potshot one on the button.

Since nobody seems prepared to just come at Wilder and brawl lately, then I guess Fury has the best chance of avoiding the bombs long enough to land a fair few power shots. He probably landed more flush power shots than most Wilder opponents, but they didn't have enough power on them to be devastating. Perhaps he's stronger next time. Perhaps not or he gets clipped himself.

But it seems to me the midway approach, where fighters can't defend enough due to lack of speed but also don't attack enough, this is the one that gets you almost certainly KO'd.

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    None of them. The only one with a shot would be Joshua, but let's be honest, Wilder will have him doing the drunken master stanky leg all over the ring looking like a contemporary dancer doing his emotional interpretation of Bambi coming out the womb and out of there before the third.

Usyk and Fury could both outbox him though. Ruiz doesn't stylistically match up well with him, but if his chin is even better than we all already think it is, he has a shot at outboxing him as well.

Whyte's head would be in the third row by the third round, nothing to worry about there.

5. MURK20

MURK20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2008
    It's the same tone used over a hundred years ago against Jack Johnson.

6. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Definitely won't be the bodybuilder Joshua. He's got no punch resistance what so ever. I hope the blob destroys him in December. lol

Heavy_Hitter and Pompey Junglist like this.
  7. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    AJ if Wilder finds his balls. So this is really a trick question bc we know he wont fight AJ.

I voted AJ but the guy to stop him may have to be someone hes not afraid of which leads me to believe a Joyce or Hrgovic type getting a shot with him have punchers chances .

8. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    #150 ranked TBA

Eldogg likes this.
  9. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Once he is over 35 he'll be RJJed in every fight. He got no technique,and once speed and reflexes go it's ovah.

don owens likes this.
  10. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think parker would have a chance he has a decent chin on him.. and quick hands.

ipitythefool likes this.
  11. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
  12. KO Artist

KO Artist Do not attempt to adjust your TV Full Member

Aug 29, 2018
    AJ is a better boxer and has a lot of power. Basically with these two it's whoever lands properly first.

13. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Him vs Joshua will be a 50/50 war. So probably Joshua if Joshua doesn't get stopped first.

14. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Joseph Parker has the speed and chin to take him OUT

15. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Dubois in a year or so from now.