Who will takeover the next generation at HW

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boon, May 19, 2019.

1. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016

You need to watch that fight again. Fury landed so many crisp combination on Wilder that he never landed on Wlad.

2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    On Breazeales punch..yea he's a former quarterback but if he hits you with that 80 narcissists probably lights out.

i would still say he's still a top body puncher , very underatted but also not recommended against Wilder without hand speed.

3. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Usyk doesn't School Sirenko. Sirenko is the most dangerous guy in the camps.

4. Gabriel Syme

Gabriel Syme Member banned Full Member

May 20, 2018
    I don't believe most people know the name of the next person to take over the HW division.
    This is THE WORST era in HW history. There is no one on the horizon.
    We are in desperate need of the next Marciano or Tyson. We are in an extended period of post-Holmes, pre-Tyson where EVERY CHAMPION is shyte. We're basically watching an era in which Michael Grant is dominating.
    Wilder has a little bit more dog in him than Grant ever had, but the physical attributes are very similar. Grant was actually a better boxer than Wilder, but he was a puss who had no chin.
    Wilder's boxing acumen is absurdly lacking, but he can dominate because the division is so pitiful. He has explosive power, natural athleticism and some Alabama toughness, and that's all it takes nowadays. Nobody else in the division is a good enough boxer to overcome those attributes.
    That's including the British body builder.

5. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    To my knowledge they haven’t sparred. And I say Usyk will school him when they meet. Deal with it.

6. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Makhmudov
    Usyk

Some kind of hybrid of the two would be unbelievable.

While these two may not hold down belts over a long period, they are both capable of winning a championship fight, and after a loss they are both capable of staying around the top 5 mark for an extended period.

I was unsure of Makhmudov until after watching the Rice fight. He seemed to be fine with 7 rounds and Rice is a good measure at this stage.

Usyk is my favourite fighter both in and outside the ring. He has every chance of being a main player not only because of his skills but also because he will fight anyone anywhere for the challenge of it.

I've followed Dychko for quite a while but need to see him go 8+ rounds to better know where he is at. Ajagba is going to be interesting too.

If Makhmudov and Ajagba have solid chins they're going to be dangerous fights for anyone.

GALVATRON likes this.
  7. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
  8. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Apart from Ali, Foreman, Frazier and Ken Norton that heavyweight era was rather weak.

Who was the next best fighter, Oscar Bonavena? Bonavena would have been smashed to bits in the 90's and today's era, the next best after him was Ron Lyle who was a glorified power puncher.

9. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Ali Bashir is the one who taught UsyK really and refined him. He's teaching Sirenko those in and movements while maintaining that killer aggression.

Sirenko is harder puncher then Mahkmodov and way more skilled. He's the most dangerous combination of skill and power out of all them.

Usyk would defeat more top guys then Mahkmudov who I think is going to be tough but will he defeat other big guys with power at the top , he's very hittable ?

kostya by ko likes this.
  10. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    How haven't they sparred when Sirenko was helping Usyk out by helping him prepare for Takam ?

what am I dealing with us a better question ? :confused:

11. kostya by ko

Feb 18, 2005
    I haven't seen much of Sirenko but will be sure to follow his progress. He's got plenty of time on his side. Dychko and Usyk I followed as amateurs so I know their attributes better and would like to see them tested sooner rather than later. To be honest I'm just getting totally getting pretty fed up with the inconclusive Joshua, Wilder and Fury mess and just want to see any of these prospects putting pressure on the current top tier

12. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Usyks not really a prospect. He can be Joshuas mandatory anytime he decided to put it forward bc of sanctioned body rules that he's a CW champion / unified champion coming in.

No one's really going to put pressure on any of them , the prospects are no match for Joshua right now.

Fury is susceptible to aggressive punchers.

Wilder is just susceptible to boxers and punchers , find a combination of that his chances of winning go down significantly. It's why Fury had staggered him early , he played puncher for a short time in one of the rounds but Davison told him to back off and win rounds( bad mistake).

Joyce , Ortiz, Whyte, Povetkin, Hrgovic....currently are the most dangerous outside top 3.

Usyk knows he's not ready for Joshua so he's going to take fights before his title shot, and by then Joshua could have all the belts if Wilder finds his pen ?

13. kostya by ko

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeh, you make good points. I don't really disagree with anything you write here.

Right now none of these prospects are ready for Joshua but they're getting closer fight by fight.

GALVATRON likes this.
  14. Paul geczi

Paul geczi Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Get what your saying pal but I don’t think we will hardly get any fights with the so called big 3 . Honest opinion who do you think is the best of them ? I would pick fury

15. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Joshua.

Fury won't have the power jab or punching overall to keep Joshua off him.

Wilder is a loss Waiting to happen and he's already lost to Fury. People are easily fooled by Wilder knocking out Breazeale but like Fury the fight can swing either way of they fought multiple times it's just harder to predict two punchers fighting.

Joshua is a nightmare bc he brings size and speed with a counter punching aggressive style. He has the tools to defeat both, one thing you really need to beat him is power,

Fury doesn't posses enough and fights off a back foot which isn't going to go well for him.

Wilder doesn't have enough high punch count and can be shut down against aggressive fighters. Joshua will nullify him at every angle and knock him out , I don't think that fight sees round 6.