Who will the WBSS Junior Welterweight Final between Regis Prograis and Josh Taylor?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JabCross727, Jul 22, 2019.

Who wins the WBSS Final and the WBA/WBC/The Ring Junior Welterweight Championship and Ali Trophy?

1. Prograis by KO/TKO

35.0%
  2. Prograis by Decision

15.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Taylor by KO/TKO

5.0%
  5. Taylor by Decision

45.0%
  1. JabCross727

JabCross727 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2008
    At some point later this summer or fall, the WBA Champion and WBC Diamond Champion Regis 'Rougarou' Prograis (24-0-0, 20 KOs) of Nwill take on the IBF Champion Josh 'The Tartan Tornado' Taylor (15-0-0, 12 KOs) of Scotland to unify their titles as well as win The Ring Magazine Lineal Title and the Muhammad Ali Trophy for winning the WBSS tournament. This should be an excellent matchup, whenever it becomes official. Who do you believe will win this matchup, guys? Vote and comment.

2. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Both of these WBSS finals are in danger of not happening. The fighters aren't at all pleased with having to wait and wait and wait, with the fight not happening until fall or winter. At this point I'd be like **** the WBSS, they are obviously having issues financing the whole thing, and these guys shouldn't have to sit on the shelf waiting. Donaire is no spring chicken, and Inoue, Prograis, and Taylor are young guys that would like to be active.

If the Taylor vs Prograis fights happens, I'll take Prograis by stoppage. Taylor has some quality boxing ability, but I like Prograis' countering to cause him serious isues.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pick em fight a case can be made for both. I have a slight lean to Prograis. I like both fighters though so I really don't care who wins just hope it's a good fight.

4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Taylor is a close decision.

5. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Taylor on points. I’ve broke down fight after fight, time after time. I’m confident Taylor beats Prograis. However, Regis controls range well with the jab, sets traps and has a really nice counter left to the liver.

The thread hasn’t exactly ignited. If it does I’ll break the fight down, it’ll be a very intriguing tactical battle for position. If Regis controls the pace with the jab and counter left, he’ll be favourite. If Taylor can fight at his preferred tempo, I think he wears Prograis down. Both very good talents with nice traits, both make mistakes with some technical issues.

I think Taylor’s superior right hook might help make the difference. Both have solid inside games with some old school control techniques, understand positioning and creating or smothering space but I think Taylor right hook and more compact punches win trench warfare. Regis has pop but either his power is overrated or his timing/accuracy because for a ‘power puncher’ he doesn’t score spectacular knock downs or KO’s. in fact, Taylor’s left hand that dropped Postol, right hook that dropped Davies/Baranchyk are arguably better single punches than anything I’ve seen Prograis land. I don’t think I’ve seen one decent right hook land, he uses it to set up his left hand.

We’ll see though. It’s a great fight between the two best 140’s in the world.

rorschach51 likes this.
  6. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Couldn't pick either guy confidently but I think Taylor is more proven of the two despite only having 15 fights.regis has looked like a machine recently though and he never looks ruffled or rushed in any fights I've seen but he's not fought anyone with the ability and physicality of Taylor so should be a great scrap hopefully. Definitely think it goes the distance with Taylor shading it on points.

7. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
  8. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Taylor points however I accidentally voted Prograis on points.