Who will you be rooting for: Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Dec 4, 2022.

Who will you be rooting for: Oleksandr Usyk or Tyson Fury

This poll will close on Aug 29, 2025 at 1:59 PM.
  1. Usyk

61.8%
  2. Fury

20.7%
  3. Neither, I just want to see a good heavyweight fight

16.6%
  4. I'm not interested in this one

0.9%
  1. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Although nothing is ever certain with the fickle Tyson Fury, it looks like we may have Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk next.

Who will you be rooting for?

I'll be rooting for Usyk. He's clearly a better man outside the ring, he doesn't abuse illegal drugs like cocaine and has never tested positive for PEDs. He's a good sport, he's always honest and doesn't lie about and make unfair comments about other fighters like Fury does.

He keeps himself in good shape, he doesn't have the spare tire Fury carries around. He's never demanded home country advantage, he's won all his important fights outside his home country.

Usyk obviously has a better head on his shoulders and is a more honorable man, he doesn't lie and break his word like Fury does so often.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  2. Guerra

Guerra Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    Usyk, Fury has been annoying with his behaviour for a while now

3. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Usyk

He needs all the help he can get. Fury will put his fist right through him.

JunlongXiFan, DaRealJT and MrBarry465 like this.
  4. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Fury wether he’s annoying or not he beats Usyk .

5. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Fury all day, he's a character and a legend at heavyweight.

I don't find Usyk a particularly fun fighter to watch in or outside the ring.

Potwash and DaRealJT like this.
  6. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I like them both but would like to see Usyk get up if they ever fight.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep I like both guys they are two of my favorite fighters but I want Fury to win and I think that he will.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  8. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
  9. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
  10. One more round

One more round Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2022
    Fury. I am not a fanboy and I do not agree with everything he says and does. I do think he has brought some entertainment to a division that needed it when he was away self destructing. If he finishes his career with a few more wins against the best the division has to offer, he should get the credit he deserves. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but you cannot deny he brings some life to the party. Although I prefer a Fury win, I would give Usyk a lot of credit if he beats Fury. I hope it does happen next year.

11. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I dont know, tbh. I guess I only want a good fight.

12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Usyk. He is a better human being and a better champion.

I like Fury, and am always going to wish him well, but his act is getting real tired.

13. Daft P

Daft P Active Member Full Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I have always supported Fury against all of his opponents so far, and I think he is a very formidable champion. But Usyk will be the first one where I will not. I just think Usyk as the "ambassador" of the sport, as a figurehead with integrity, as a talent, as a face of boxing, as a "story", as an "underdog getting the upper hand" is better, much better. Also, I did not really like as a fan Fury's recent "I retire I don't retire tralalala" show. Finally, I am certain that if Usyk defeats him, we will then see the best and most motivated Fury we have ever seen in their rematch; and that is a Fury I want to see.

So, long story short, Usyk must win their encounter; but in all honesty, I think Fury will, probably scoring a tight decision win in a tactical battle of jabs and ring generalship. Rooting for Usyk, expecting an SD/MD Fury win 115-113.

box33, Finkel, JunlongXiFan and 6 others like this.
  14. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Both Fury & Usyk are truly great men. Beyond facades and acts they are deserving of all the praise and all the moneys.

Usyk will lose to one of the greatest HW's of all time and there is no shame in that he himself is probably already regarded as the GOAT Cruiserweight. He just needs to get in line and let Fury take his crown.

& If Usyk beats Fury? Then he will have removed the Klitscko curse that would have otherwise seen Fury to his grave.

15. Goran_

Goran_ Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Fury. The western propaganda puppeteering from Usyk is getting annoying. I understand it's his country and fellow citizens but he's propping up a regime that is made up of child trafficking satanists and Nazis...

Decker likes this.