Who will you be rooting for: Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Dec 4, 2022.

Who will you be rooting for: Oleksandr Usyk or Tyson Fury

This poll will close on Aug 29, 2025 at 1:59 PM.
  1. Usyk

61.8%
  2. Fury

20.7%
  3. Neither, I just want to see a good heavyweight fight

16.6%
  4. I'm not interested in this one

0.9%
  1. Mister Pugilist

Mister Pugilist Active Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Yes read the news

mirexxa likes this.
  2. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Haaaappy Neeeew Yeeeear! banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Usyk all the way. The better fighter, the better champion, the better human being.

3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    if you wanted to breed knock kneed, big butt wookies, you aint gonna find much better. got the hips to push em out like rabbits.

4. gneall

gneall Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2022
    No wonder you have 13399 posts and less than 400 likes dude.. Yikes

5. AdamT

AdamT Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I like both but usyk is definitely my favourite fighter. I have so much respect for that man. He's great for the sport. Willing to take 30% and yet again is the away fighter. The man is an Olympic champ, multi division Champ and imo the p4p number, yet he is still the road warrior?

Fury is prima dona outside of fights, but has proved he is as tough as they come during the wilder fights. He also had his biggest fights away from home

Who do I want to win? Usyk, but not too disappointed if Fury wins

Who do I think wins? Fury 100% will win this fight

6. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Fury & his family are out of the poor me honeymoon period & has migrated into the Pantomime villain... Usyk in every decent minded person is the choice , where has Usyk any advantage going into this fight ... Fury likes to whine what he overcome due to his mental health, I wonder what Usyks MH is seeing/ knowing cousins / Uncle / Aunty/ freinds being shot / blown up or under serious threat possible while having to deal with this ****ing charleton ***** Fury...

7. NullaLexInk

NullaLexInk Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2022
    Usyk is who I'll be rooting for. I like Fury as a boxer too, but Usyk is my favorite right now. I see this as very much a 50-50 fight, so I'll just be happy it happens. This is what an undisputed fight is supposed to be: two guys at the top of the division with no clear cut winner from the get go. That's what makes this such a great fight and why it needs to happen.

That being said, if Fury wins, yeah I'll be disappointed my guy lost, but I'll also be glad to have a new undisputed champion after 20+ damn years of not having one at heavyweight. And plus, there are way worse people who could be the champ. Fury's personality is a bit much for my tastes, but I tend not to put too much stock into the personality of boxers. I realized not long after getting into the sport that it tends to have some bad characters in its ranks, so if you get into this looking for heroes you'll prolly be disappointed more often than not. Not to say some boxers aren't good people, because of course there are, it just seems like there are more bad eggs than not. But maybe I'm just being cynical. Anyways, Fury might be a jackass, but he's also one hell of a boxer and that's the thing that matters most when you get down to it.

I want Usyk to win and I believe he will, but I won't be too bummed out either way, so long as we get a good fight out of it. And we most certainly will.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  8. Goran_

Goran_ Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Fury but he's been making it bloody hard lately and I'm still not convinced it happens anyway

ArseBandit likes this.
  9. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Fury, just.

I really like Usyk though and would neither be surprised, or upset to see him win. Big fan of both.

10. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    That is my wish for every fight I watch , after all that's what boxing should be . Corruption & love of $$$$$$$$$$
    is more the case these days
    I'm surprised that old video of Fury throwing a punch & hitting himself, hasn't popped up on the board again.
    He was the laughing stock of boxing then, Now he's being called The Best Heavyweight Ever!!!
    What Happened ??

chacal likes this.
  11. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
  12. AntonioMartin1

AntonioMartin1 Jeanette Full Member

Jan 23, 2022
    Dude, I'm paying 100 dollars for this! :lol:

13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I pretty much like both equally, I'm not rooting for a winner here. I think they're both the top 2 HWs so let's just establish an undisputed champ

Rumsfeld likes this.
  14. Shootlow

Shootlow Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Usyk, because Tiresome Fraudy.

15. Joe Davies

Joe Davies New Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2022
    With what Ukraine is going through and how much better a representative Usyk is of the sport, my head says Usyk. But as a Brit through and through, heart still says Fury. I'm almost ashamed of myself to say it.

Anyway the fight will probably a draw and then we'll have 6 months of drawn out public rematch negotiations.