Who wins: Anthony Joshua or Joe Louis?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VeryMoistWalrus, Apr 8, 2021.

Anthony Joshua vs Joe Louis

1. Louis

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Joshua

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. VeryMoistWalrus

VeryMoistWalrus New Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2021
    The last time this question was posted was in 2019, from what you´ve seen from AJ do you think he beats Louis?

2. BoxingDialogue

BoxingDialogue Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    AJ wins, size difference is too great

Toney F*** U likes this.
  3. VeryMoistWalrus

VeryMoistWalrus New Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2021
    What about the Aj vs Ruiz fight? Louis is taller than Ruiz. Ruiz is listed as 6´2 but hes actually 6´0, Louis is 6´2

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  4. HolDat

HolDat Active Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Skills vs Size
    I'll take Louis.

Salty Dog likes this.
  5. BoxingDialogue

BoxingDialogue Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Ruiz was also 268 lbs, Joe barely weighed 200.

6. RealDeal

RealDeal Active Member Full Member

May 2, 2009
    I love the old time classic boxers and have tons of respect for them, especially guys like Joe Louis. And I do often pick the old timers to win against modern fighters in these fantasy match-ups. However, when it comes to heavyweights, I just have a tough time seeing the classic fighter overcoming the huge size difference more often than not. So while I think Louis is certainly capable of beating AJ, especially if he lands one of those short right hands right on the chin, I still have to go with AJ being the more likely victor here. And I almost hate to say that because Joe Louis is one of my favorite fighters (and by the way, I do like AJ too and don’t really understand why he gets so much hate on here). But it is almost like my heart wants to say Louis, but my brain is telling me to pick Joshua.

Toney F*** U and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  7. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Joe Louis is superior in ability however he is also too small to beat AJ. He was barely a cruiserweight by modern day standards.

Toney F*** U and Surrix like this.
  8. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Active Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    he was 205lb in his prime so he's still heavyweight by today's standards, just a very small one. Holyfield wasn't much bigger at all. But honestly i do think Joshua would win (dont let the classic forum see this). In this particular fight Joshua would be dealing with the significantly better inside fighter so he'd probably fight Louis at range and use his size to his advantage and counter when needed. He'd probably also be able to manhandle Louis in the clinches because he's likely significantly stronger than Max Baer. I think he'd stop him.

9. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Joe Louis better inside fighter faster handspeed I'd pick him to be joshua although joshua is a livedog

10. Decker

Decker Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Good grief... another nostalgia thread.

No question Joe Louis was great - for his era. Until he got older he wasn't much more than a CW. Louis was also on the chinny side.
    AJ and many modern HWs beat Louis relatively easy. There is a reason for weight divisions.

Toney F*** U likes this.