Who wins in their primes? Khabib vs Matt Hughes and Silva vs Adesanya

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Samart'sTeep, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    These are two fantasy fights that I find very intriguing because they were both so similar stylistically and athletically. Assuming they fought when they were both in their prime, who would have won between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Matt Hughes? Same question for Anderson Silva vs Israel Adesanya?

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
  3. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Israel has far better boxing skill than Silva had.

4. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Khabib is by far the best lightweight of all-time and has the strength of a middleweight, he lost less rounds than any champ in the history of the UFC.

rekcutnevets likes this.
  5. rekcutnevets

rekcutnevets Black Sash Full Member

May 25, 2007
    Nurmagomedov and Adesanya

mark ant likes this.
  6. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    You say that yet Khabib is scared to fight ANYONE at 170 lbs. Expects an ancient GSP to go down to 155 to fight him. Laughable. The true greats are not scared to take challenges at higher weight.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Suspect.chin and Brixton Bomber like this.
  7. Joeblogh

Joeblogh New Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Matt was a career 170 pounder while eagle man was a career 155 pounder. Hughes wrassling even for that weight class is arguably 3 ATG, eagle man is a legit wrassler but I don’t know how it can stand to Matt’s “good ol boy” wrassling. I put my money on Matt.

Izzy is an accomplished Kickboxer, one of the most accomplished in the UFC currently(don’t watch much nowadays but Izzy did compete in glory which is like the new K-1) not sure how the spider deals with with this level of striker, one I don’t think he has seen before in his prime but Silva is very underrated off his back with the jewjifshoes so that could be the great equalizer. Prime for prime I’m going Izzy

8. koartist2012

koartist2012 Member Full Member

May 24, 2012
    A 40 plus shot to bits Anderson lost a split to Izzy , I think prime silva ices hun , hughes though fought just before this era when the ufc was similar to the premiership in the early 90s , no where near the best in the world competed there , landi pele destroyed Hughes during his championship run think it was on a different promotion , and Hughes has to be one of the most know dopers around that was never popped , zero striking , Hughes best hope would be a submission which he was quite underrated for his , also probably the biggest arsehole known to man , don’t believe me ? Read his book lol

9. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Israel toyed with Silva and would beaten every fighter that has beaten Silva, nderson was not ranked in the top 10 by the time he fought Israel.

10. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Khabib and Silva would win. Usman would beat GSP also.

11. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Matt Hughes loses to Khabib.

Silva beats Adesanya.

GSP beats Usman.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  12. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Usman beats GSP's daddy (Big Rig) also.

13. rekcutnevets

May 25, 2007
    I think I can take GSP's dad. That old man better not say the wrong thing!

14. rekcutnevets

May 25, 2007
    I just saw your name! Where the f@ck were you when I was claiming Samart as the greatest striker of all time, in a different thread?!;)

Samart'sTeep likes this.