Who wins: Joshua or Ruiz?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Sticking with Joshua stoppage, couldn’t care less who wins really as long as there’s nothing dodgy about it.. buzzing for it now

2. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Exactly. **** all the politics. If I'm entertained I'm happy

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Hope you are right mate and it is a stoppage

Twentyman and Little brian like this.
  4. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I m going ruiz. Joshuas got a chance against anyone with the power etc but going in its a bit worrying how joshuas talking....his team....and that they,ve changed up everything for it. Points to them knowing it wasnt just a lucky win.

The two new coaches. The pretty dramatic weight loss. The training camp being changed.

Then ruiz goes and mixes it up by putting twenty odd pounds on.

I actually think joshua should have put the weight on for this one. Lets be honest ruiz beat him in the dogfight probably because he had that extra weight. If joshua put the weight on he,d have a better chance pushing ruiz back. Now joshuas got to outbox him on the backfoot. Hes not great at it. Ruiz is better at breaking down the taller man than joshua is at boxing on the backfoot.

No one really knows. I think joshuas took the bigger risk so far by a long way. The weight loss looks like a last hope panic to me.

Theres a reason heavyweights seem to want to be as big as possible.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  5. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Nobody, except Joshua himself will know how he feels. Can not wait for this tomorrow night. Its anyone's.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  6. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Pot shot from outside. Wind the power up as the fight progresses and as he starts to time Ruiz coming in. DO NOT GET CAUGHT IN MID DISTANCE - SUICICE !
    This has to be the key to AJ. Break Ruiz up and be patient. The opportunity will come.
    Having said all that. Lord only knows.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  7. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019

8. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019
    Every beaten fighter changes things. It would be foolish to just go back and do the same thing. The weight loss is just down to switch of emphasis in his training regime.
    I think these two could make for a good fight anytime.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  9. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    True....but they,ve taking a massive gamble with it. People have been on here for years saying he needs to lose weight....needs to lose bulk. Needs to learn to box better. Needs to stop the sport science and concentrate more on the boxing. All been ignored for years because you,d like to think rob mckracken and the team know better. Kind of turns out what they,ve been doings been wrong the way they,ve went about it...because they,ve took almost every piece of advice from pretty much arm chair fans. Makes you wonder if they know what their doing.

i think they,ve went the wrong way with it as well. They should have stuck weight on him....and overpowered ruiz. Their trying to beat ruiz at his own game now....by being the better boxer and their trying to do it in six months. Its a massive gamble for me. Especially that joshua last weighed in at that weight 5 or 6 years ago as a younger man. Can he take a shot at that weight from a guy at 283 lbs. Feels like a rushed decision. And the work of two of three coaches with different ideas. Has rob been wrong all this time or is he no longer the one making all the decisions.

Maybe he will win and look tremendous doing it....if thats the case rob and the teams been training him wrong all this time. Think if they wanted to try this many changes the sensible option would have been no immediate rematch. Rebuilding job. At this level its too much of a risk making changes like they have. Might work but to me has its gonna backfire written all over it. I m convinced he can beat ruiz as well. He needs to bulk up to do it tho. Ruiz will turn it into a firefight if joshua doesnt get him hurt in the first three rounds. I dont fancy joshuas chances in that firefight 3 stone lighter. Joshua can knock him out....the writing will be on the wall if ruiz makes his way inside tho. Hes pretty good at doing it as well.

10. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The obvious game plan for Ruiz this time around is to to do the same he did in the first encounter......walk AJ down behind a high guard, make him fight three minutes a round and do not give him time to think or recover, make him trade up close when he gasses like he always has done and knock him out again, this aint no Rocket science........AJ will gas again, he always has, no matter what weight he is at.

What posters here completely over look is that AJ submitted in the first fight......he quit.........was a few months enough to deal with his inner demons and get his confidence back or is he falling apart when a decent shot lands on him...that is the big question.....is he mentally ready, forget about weight loss cardio pads sparring......is he mentally ready to leave everything he got in the Ring tomorrow.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  11. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    The last two posts say everything what I feel so no need repeating it. Ruiz has got this if he wants it and brings his A game which I'm sure he will. Ruiz via KO.

12. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    As I have said all along, this fight is not about Joshua, it's about Ruiz. If he is like the first fight or better, he wins. I just don't know what the success and new found fame will bring out in him.

If Joshua wins then credit where credit is due.

I'll make my final call on the ringwalk but as it stands I'm going with Ruiz for another stoppage. The whole weight scenario has got me my brain in over drive though.

13. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
  14. Deepdale

Deepdale New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Ruiz by KO again for me.

Joshua might think the changes he's made are going to work but mentally I think he's done. Ruiz to jump all over him and get him out of there by the 6th.

Any help for a newbie with a stream will be much appreciated.