Who wins now Eubank or DeGale?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I just watched the Traux fight again and from what, round three the jab was gone but there was also no feinting or probing with the lead hand to off set Traux or make him think about coming in.

Traux literally just stepped in to range all night after that. If the shoulder if fecked to that degree. He’ll be lucky to even win the rematch.

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  2. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Based on their last appearances, you'd have to go with Eubank. He wasn't good but Degale was awful against a huge betting underdog. If Degale can get back to where he was 2-3 years ago that may be a different matter. But even then it's always going to be a close fight with him because he fights in spurts and takes rounds off - Medina being a case in point. He can be outworked by even limited fighters.

3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    If degales fit he,ll be too strong for eubank. Eubanks a strong fighter...but he's a middleweight. Eubank will get on the inside easier...but groves controlled eubank on the inside without too much trouble. Too big and strong as a supermiddle. The same will happen against degale. Always a chance eubank catches him with something but at supermiddle...eubanks not a puncher. Not easy to take on the guys the weight above for any of them when they boil down and rehydrate so much. Naturally bigger men etc.

If degales injured eubank beats him...but so do a lot of other people. You can't fight at that level with injuries like degale has unless he gets it sorted.

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree bud, even if he wins, he’ll have to go through a war without a decent jab. His last 2 fights have put an awful lot of mileage on the clock.

Amazing one likes this.
  5. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    He got beat up by Badou Jack, he was holding on towards the end of that fight. If he lets Eubank Jr get up close onto him, it's only going one way. I think this fight might be a fight of two halves. The first half, Degale dominates and looks like he's on his way to a very wide points decision. But then, in the second half, Eubank gets to him, and busts him up, stops him in the 9th/10th round.

DeGale isn't as physically imposing as Groves, he doesn't have the same presence. I think Eubank is less cautious in that fight and will just come forward, take a shot to give 3 or 4 back. DeGale doesn't have that fight-changing power that Groves does, Eubank will therefore take more risks and be more aggressive. I have Eubank winning by Late TKO, but I could also see a possibility of DeGale holding on for a wide points win after surviving the last 4 rounds assault by Eubank.

6. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    If his shoulder isn't completely ruined I expect Degale will be much better and win the rematch comfortably. I may be wrong but I refuse to believe he's regressed that much in a year. I know it can happen but I'd want to see another fight to prove it. I don't think he was as bad as people made out in the Jack fight and he showed real spirit from what I remember.

Career ruining injury aside I think Degale beats Eubank in a very similar manner as Groves did. This question should be even less in doubt after Saturday, as it proved Eubank has absolutely nothing against anyone above domestic level. I always thought he was bad but not that bad. He has nothing in the way of boxing skill, ring iq, power is well overrated, chin well over rated (dropped off a jab) don't care if it was a balance thing. You only my get dropped off a jab early if you can't box, end of. It's not like it was the last round and and he was throwing caution to the wind going for the ko, it was very early and he already knew he had no chance so was doing all he could with his lack of ability which let him open to getting dropped off a jab haha. Someone who has trained himself will not be able to change these huge flaws, particularly against a tall, slick southpaw like Degale. His warrior thing is a load of rubbish too, I didn't see bravery beyond the average boxer (which is very brave) but in terms of boxing i witnessed nothing. He was out on his feet in that fight which I predicted before, so that proves he hasn't got the much talked about engine which is one thing that could hinder Degale as he seems to go walkies after he gets a few rounds up.

What exactly does Eubank have to beat an Olympic gold medalist, even at say 60/70%?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008

Jack beat the snot out of DeGale, that's a career shortener right there. Add to to the shoulder issue, I believe it's very likely that DeGale is at the level of his fight vs Truax.

Even if that's not the case, show me a recent fight of DeGale where he doesn't just abandon his boxing after 3 rounds and go for a tear-up? I see no reason why DeGale would do any different vs Eubank and if he does so...even as much as I dislike Eubank...he will get crushed.

Look at the Porky Medina fight now imagine that was Eubank.