Who wins these HW matchups and how?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    If they were to happen in the first half of 2020:

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder -

Oleksandr Usyk vs Dillian Whyte (in shape Whyte) -

Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Povetkin -

Andy Ruiz Jr vs Adam Kownacki -

Joseph Parker vs Kubrat Pulev -

Filip Hrgovic vs Tony Yoka -

Martin Bakole vs Arslanbek Makhmudov -

Samuel Peter vs Danny Williams -

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Wilder KOs him, **** knows when but he does. He just explodes at Joshua and it's over.
    Usyk UD12. He just is too quick and fluid. Feet are too good, takes him to school most likely.
    Ortiz looks to have more left, both should retire afterwards. I think he boxes Pov to a clear UD.
    Jr stops him. Too much beef. He just is better if he's in (sorta) shape.
    Parker wins, too quick. Pulev ain't the same nowadays, Parker gets past that jab and starts countering, beats him to the punch enough to win a close decision of sorts.
    Hrgovic. Tony can't be taking that power.
    Bakole, more proven. As if now I think he catches Makhmudov, and then the fat lady sings.
    The Fans.

3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Wilder
    Uysk
    Povetkin
    Ruiz jr
    Parker
    Hrgovic
    Makabu
    Peter

4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Whyte beats Usyk

In shape Whyte, and motivated Whyte coming in at 247 pounds beats the breaks of Usyk.

We now know that Usyk and Hunter dont have the power to dominate HWs

Usyk got hurt against Witherspoon and Hunter got hurt badly against Povetkin.

I very confident Whyte can do more damage to Usyk than Witherspoon... substantially more.

5. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Wilder KO
    Usyk wide UD
    Povetkin SD/MD
    Ruiz UD
    Parker UD
    Hrgovic KO
    Makhmudov KO
    Peter RTD

6. Big Ukrainian

Jan 10, 2007
    What about other matchups listed?

7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’ve watched enough of wilder and AJ to see that wilder punches faster and harder than AJ. If I was a betting man right now I’d pick wilder via stoppage (this is coming from a big AJ fan btw)

Fury has shown that wilder can be beat and made to look average although that style of fury’s is a million miles away from AJ

I can’t see the wilder fight with AJ happening anytime soon, we’re lucky if we get 3 fights a year from these guys now BUT if team AJ do there homework and can set the right traps against an ageing wilder then I can see them getting the win

Southpawswitch likes this.
  8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder -

Joshua by mid to late stoppage

Anthony can take a punch for sure, he might get hurt, but I cant see this guy getting stopped easily, he has taken big shots in the past and got up to return his own. Now Ruiz is good at Parrying but Wilder aint smooth enough to dodge AJ's combinations. I reckon AJ beats Wilder because he brings more weapons to the game, and almost matches Wilder for power... whereas Wilder has one powerful shot he can place but his other shots are windmills flying all over the place.. AJ now knows how to fight a power puncher, and he will do what Fury did in floating around like a butterfly but unlike FURY he will STING LIKE A BEE!!

Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Povetkin -

I have no clue!

Interesting match up at this stage, I'm genuinely not sure who wins this... they both have enough ability to beat each other, depends on who shows up in the best form... Ortiz can posed problems with his awkward southpaw stance and ability to keep range very welll.... but Povetkin has shown that he still carries power and the ability to land effectively even though I think he tends to miss alot of his power shots. I'm gonna favour Ortiz ever so slightly because I thhought he looked very polished and refined in Wilder 2.. whereas Povetkin can be sloppy at times as of late.

Andy Ruiz Jr vs Adam Kownacki -

Ruiz by KO/TKO

Andy Ruiz Jr beats the breaks of Kownacki... he will do what Arreola failed to do and break Kownacki down hard. Ruiz has a chin and half... that guy cannot be hurt easily... he is a destroyer.

Joseph Parker vs Kubrat Pulev -

Parker by UD

Joseph Parker in a boring UD win, Kubrat is very limitd in this day and age, Parker is the younger, fresher fighter... he will stay busy and mix up the angles which the judges will look favourably upon, dont think either has the ability to drop each other with the cautious styles.

Filip Hrgovic vs Tony Yoka -

Yoka by stoppage

Very good match up, pick'em really... although Yoka hasnt been as active as Hrgovic, I get the feeling that Hrgovic might be slightly more refined/seasoned... both have the ability to KO each other, and both will be keen to engage in a slugfest... I just think Hrgovic will enjoy the slugfest more. Molina had success with the overhand right against Hrgovic, and Yoka can do it better. Molina seemed to fight Hrgovic as if he was giving up 10 inches of reach... he struggled to fight his range... Yoka at 6 ft 7 should have more success

Martin Bakole vs Arslanbek Makhmudov -

Bakole stoppage
    Dont know much about Makhmudov except he has lots of power? He is an unknown quanitity, whereas bakole is more proven.. he stopped Wach in his tracks, and he stopped Perea in round 1... Bakole carried proven power. I see Bakole with stoppage given his seasoned experience in the pro's so far as compared to arslanbek

Samuel Peter vs Danny Williams -

I dont even wanna touch this lol

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  9. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    At this point:

Wilder: Up until recently I always considered Joshua/Wilder a 50/50 fight (slight advantage to Joshua). I no longer feel that way. Wilder has proven extremely durable even when hurt (good chin or not), and can still launch a game ender even when hurt.

Usyk (An in shape Whyte or not, Usyk is much better)

Povetkin: Povetkin still hits hard, throws good combinations and is a bit more active

Ruiz: Kownacki would give Ruiz what he wants, someone who comes forward that he can tee off on

Parker: Parker's better, period.

Hrgovic: The little bit I've seen of Yoka doesn't impress me

No opinion on this one

Williams: amazingly, Williams is finished, but Peter is way beyond finished

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  10. Big Ukrainian

Jan 10, 2007
    Wow, great breakdown! Thanks!

Aydamn likes this.
  11. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder - Joshua TKO inside 9 rounds

Oleksandr Usyk vs Dillian Whyte (in shape Whyte) - Usyk UD

Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Povetkin - Who care now they are old. Povetkin TKO

Andy Ruiz Jr vs Adam Kownacki - - Kowancki UD if Ruiz is over 270

Joseph Parker vs Kubrat Pulev - Parker SD

Filip Hrgovic vs Tony Yoka - Hrgovic TKO inside 5

Martin Bakole vs Arslanbek Makhmudov - Makhmudov KO inside 4

Samuel Peter vs Danny Williams - Who care, they are old.