Who won their fight more convincingly - Spence or Golovkin?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uranage, Oct 6, 2019.

1. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I'll take Spence for 1 million please!

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    :facepalm: Not the question dumbass.

3. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Bit over the top...something bothering at home ?

4. Blaxx

Blaxx Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Both were really good fights I thought, and I'd really question anyone who expected either of the fights to be light work.

I was rooting for the favorite in both bouts. Porter brought immense pressure but I felt Spence passed the test. I had him winning and he showed a lot of good stuff in there once you put aside stuff like he's supposed to be the bogeyman, he said he'll knock Porter out, people said he will win easily etc. It was a good fight where he edged a clear but close decision.

GGG vs SD is the first time I've really felt I've noticed Golovkin's age. I wasn't surprised when the commentators started speculating how he does against Canelo etc etc basically low key talking about his age and him racking up more miles in such a close war.
    I'm inclined to believe Golovkin wasn't 100%, plus his age and he was up against a very skilled operator. On the flip side, we can't forget the nasty eye cut SD had, and it was very early in the fight.
    I think Spence was more convincing, just. Especially when taking GGG's age into account and his condition going into the fight. Looking at the fights for what they are without speculating on anything, Spence won more convincingly.

5. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ggg fight was a draw at best for him or he lost.
    Spence won convincingly.