who would win @ 147 Mayweather vs Crawford

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Oct 17, 2018.

who wins

1. Crawford KO

2. Crawford UD

3. Mayweather UD

4. Mayweather KO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    First time i ever see you not hate on floyd and admit he's good

2. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Lol. How?

3. 15Hosier2004

15Hosier2004 I tell people what they do not want to hear Full Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Crawford has great skills good speed and timing to beat mayweather and mayweather would never fight him anyway

4. Carpe Diem

Mar 18, 2020
    Prime for prime, Crawford doesn’t even come close to Floyd’s raw athleticism. Speed, reflexes, timing, IQ, etc, are all in favor of Floyd. Crawford is a good boxer, but he can be outbox. He makes plenty of mistakes and Floyd was a master at baiting, anticipating, and countering all in one motion. There are levels to this. As good as Crawford is, he hasn’t caught the attention of any celebs or other athletes yet. At that same age, a lot of other athletes and celebs knew who Floyd was because he captivated their attention with his all-around brilliance and skills inside the ring.

5. 15Hosier2004

15Hosier2004 I tell people what they do not want to hear Full Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Fame is irrelevant in this so no need to bring it up, floyd in his prime was a super lightweight so him and crawford fighting at superlightweight i would favour crawford. Because of his precision and timing he was really good at countering and fighting on the backfoot and he had real killer power. Theres a reson why floyd dint fight an acc good boxer in his prime he just thought basic fghters and brawlers

6. Carpe Diem

Mar 18, 2020

Yes, it’s relevant. It’s showed that many people recognized his talent inside the ring, whereas with Crawford as good as he is, he hasn’t had a virtuoso performance in his career and not many people think he’s a special boxer in the same all-around caliber with the likes of, Roy Jones, Sugar Rays, Ali, Floyd, etc. His level of opposition at Welterweight are mediocre at best. Precision and timing were two of Floyd’s best intangibles. The only advantage Crawford has is punching power and slightly longer reach. He’s inferior in nearly every raw categories besides punching power.

7. Carpe Diem

Mar 18, 2020
    This content is protected

Dude loads up and telegraph his punches constantly. Sadly as I said, there’s no one else in the current welterweight division who can capitalize off of his mistakes. You’re not beating Floyd Mayweather when he can lure and anticipate everything you’re about to do.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  8. Carpe Diem

Mar 18, 2020
    Unrelated to the topic:

Spence doesn’t have what it takes to beat Crawford. Don’t get me wrong, I still think a fight with Spence will be a tough one and can possibly go either way, but Spence himself make far more mistakes than Crawford and is just simply too stiff to react in time to anticipate and capitalize off of Crawford’s mistakes.

9. Carpe Diem

Mar 18, 2020
    Let’s keep it rolling y’all...

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    All roads lead to Mayweather

11. slicksouthpaw16

slicksouthpaw16 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Pretty much how I see it. Crawfords resume isn't deep enough for us to definitively say that he can beat Floyd IMO. He looks great but he needs to at least clean out 147 to be put on this kind of level.

12. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Bud is a better offensive fighter and lands morre punches than Floyd did, he also sets his shots up better using feints etc while Floyd rarely did this, Ray Robinson once stated the shouldder feint is the most important move in boxing and he was right, Floyd is vastly overrated and mainly just a fantastic spoiler who unddestands positioning and nothing more.

13. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Floyd`s way of fighting is easier than Bud`s, he didn`t take risks in there to land a lot of shots and often didn`t seek a KO while Bud is always looking to stop his opponent.

14. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Easier doesn’t really come into it, Mayweather perfected his style that was the most effective and efficient way to win. It’s true that Crawford is definitely more willing to engage, but anyone who knows anything about boxing knows it’s harder to not get hit than it is to hit, it takes so much more discipline to not get sucked into exchanging to ignore clear openings and stick to the game plan.
    But it’s to simplistic to say that bud looks for the knockout, I think it’s more that he likes to challenge himself in fights and he almost likes to take a shot to give a shot, I don’t think he is cavalier about it though he is just as comfortable fighting on the back foot as he is on the front foot.
    Crawford makes adjustments in fights that a few fighters have the ability to make but Mayweather was just to good at picking his shots while deflecting anything that came his way.
    An interesting fight but I just can’t see a way for Crawford to get to Mayweather

Carpe Diem likes this.
  15. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Completely wrong Floyds way of fighting is far from easy and that’s why no one since has been able to do it