Who Wouldve Thought It!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sues2nd, Jun 30, 2007.

1. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Holyfield - Savarese was a great fight.

I am shocked. I mean, a hell of a fight!

Holyfield in a clear decision...

But I mean, a great, great fight!!!!

2. buddynabuick

buddynabuick Active Member Full Member

May 5, 2007

I like it:happy

3. kaptnK

kaptnK Active Member Full Member

Jan 25, 2007
    That was a good fight for Holyfield. Im surprised Saverese's corner didnt throw in the towel, especially after that brutal 9th round KD. Holyfield fought a good fight, didnt seem to have too bad of stamina issues either. Saverese showed a lot of heart, pretty exciting fight. :good

4. pipe wrenched

pipe wrenched ESB ELITE SQUAD Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Couldn't have been much better. Big Lou was battlin hard in there. Holyfield looked the best he has since he started his comeback. Congratulations Holyfield!!!
    :bbb :good :bbb :hat

5. Tuavale

Tuavale Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Still, it was frustrating watching Holyfield miss or fail to pull the trigger. He's in great shape for his age but he will get drubbed against top guys. How about Holy vs. McCall? Hey, I think the Ding A Ling Man would would knock him cold. Not joking.

6. LennoxGOAT

LennoxGOAT Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Best card in awhile. Great fight!

7. allenko1

allenko1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2005
    i think i agree with all the above, and he may just get another shot outta this. but misses and failing to pull....that left hook in the 9th was sick, just sick im happy for him

8. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    So, when will Holyfield step-up and fight some legit competition? Or does he expect to put together a string of wins against bums and hope to get a title shot?

9. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Savarese caught Evander with a couple three good uppercuts. One especially in the third or fourth round had Holy hurt, but he recovered quickly.

I think Holy showed impeccable stamina. Regardless of his age. He was moving well, staying on his toes, and maintained a very good punch output all the way through the fight.

10. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Agreed...

But again, great, great fight. SHOCKED THE **** OUTTA ME!

11. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Holyfields still the Real Deal he proved he still has another war left in him.

12. emanuel_augustus

emanuel_augustus Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    No he shouldn't. I respect Holy for his past accomplishments but he shouldn't even sniff a title shot off of beating shot Oquendo and old and shot, never-was-a-top-heavyweight Savarese.

As soon as Holy steps in with a top 10 guy, he's getting pounded. Fact is, he should have retired after the Ruiz debacles.

People saying he can still be champ are as bad as those guys that screamed for years how Tyson was still the best, long after he had even a glimmer of hope to beat a name fighter.

13. warchild

warchild Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2005
    I agree with the posters who stated that Holyfield shouldn't be put in with top fighters now. Please don't set this guy up for another beating....if he's going to continue, he should stick to Golota, Tyson, McCall, Ruiz, etc....

On the other hand, if he's going to fight for a title, perhaps it should be against Klitschko. At least we'd either see him legitimately win another championship, or be sent into retirement once and for all. Knowing Holyfield though, he'd put in a good effort and end up fighting another trilogy....lol.

14. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Give him 1 or 2 more fights and get him a title shot

15. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    And give the Ding-A-Ling man a title shot NOW.