Who you think/know will turn pro after the Olympics?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JordanK2406, Aug 6, 2021.

1. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    It was a weak field. Jalolov is though has shown excellent ability. He's an athletic big man with power. And he's a pro already.

2. dgskn

dgskn New Member Full Member

Jan 19, 2020
    This content is protected

Imam Khataev makes his pro boxing debut on 3rd november in Grozny, Chechnya, Russia.

WhataRock likes this.
  3. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Looks like almost all the Cuban medallists will be at the World Champs in Serbia.
    The ex-pat Cubanos like the Spaniard Reyes and Azerijabani Sotomayor will also be there.

Looks like a lot of the Olympians will be there including the Bronze medallist Bachkov and the Brazilian middle who upset Khyzhniak for the gold medal.
    Eumir Marcial aswell.

Perhaps because there is prize money on the line for fighters who medal.

dgskn and ShovelHook like this.
  4. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Sorry I meant Alfonso the Cuban from Azerbaijan.

dgskn and ShovelHook like this.
  5. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Aliev, the French super heavy who protested his loss to Frazer Clarke, turns pro next month.

6. red corner

Oct 9, 2021
    Jalolov chin has been tested by flush shots. He went down once had with his feet under him in the Amateurs. He was never stopped. Based on how fights you are right to question his toughness but he's a man now, not the 22 year old boys he was in Rio. He has a cannon of a straight left and moves around well on legs of steel. Huge ( 6'7" ) and a southpaw. He's got game.

7. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    He has certainly has beefed up and isn't as bothered by getting pressured and crowded like he had in the past.
    Hands are still damn quick but I possibly spotted a big more sluggishness in his legs and reflexes.

A Russian lad dropped him hard and I think put another count on him in a bout after Rio. Maybe around 2018-19. It happens in this game but the concern was he was actually a full time 201 pound heavyweight not a super heavy.

I hope they move him along quickly..just with right opponents to get him used to the longer fights. Because he is just about the finished product and he will be an interesting addition to the pro heavyweight mix.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  8. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    To me he's a less athletic version of Jalolov, both tall southpaws, but Jalolov has the edge in both speed and power.
    Any news about Torrez? He has a style that should work well in the pro ranks, if he can keep that pace for more than just a few rounds.
    Dainier Pero could probably make CW without too many problems, but the Cubans usually turn pro too late...

WhataRock likes this.
  9. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    I actually had a look at his insta about a week ago.
    No mention of a pro debut I could see but he is smashing out the media, going to schools, scouts and veterans associations. Looks like he is doing a bit of modelling. Hanging out at some fights.

He looks like a fine young gentleman but not sure about taking the plunge into the pros yet.

10. red corner

Oct 9, 2021
    Torrez is fodder for the pro's. This class was a weak one, which is why Torrez came in second. Well that and a good draw.