whos next to move from Matchroom to Boxxer

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ChuckOneChair, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Astro

Astro Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize this, but I haven't subscribed to BoxNation for the past few years.

It will be exciting to see what happens with BoxNation after Viaplay Group has acquired Premier Sports. They will soon change the name of the Premier Sports TV channels to Viaplay Sports, but do they want to continue BoxNation ?

Mr Humble likes this.
  2. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Eddie made a huge blunder going to DAZN

3. Mr Humble

Mr Humble New Member banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Can see Boxnation turning into Premier Sports 3 before renamed Viaplay 1,2,3, etc.

Would not be surprised to see Viaplay purchasing DAZN as well as the DAZN business model looks like it is failing. A sale looking the only way to recoup some funds from the wreckage.

4. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Looks to me like DAZN is going back to where it came from, which would make sense. Given the roots with Perform Group and sports data (which leads to things like betting more than broadcasting) then their recent moves to diversify would make more sense. DAZN might be seen as a vehicle to enable and market betting but it'd quickly be a distraction and hived off.

5. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    With the government white paper , any company basing their strategy on enabling and marketing betting would be on very stoney ground.

6. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    True story: I was once working on some consulting for Neteller - which had planned to be the PayPal of online gambling - in 2007, when the FBI raided the CEO's home and slung him in jail. All because the Bush admin didn't fancy gambling. And no fee for me :)

7. vibes creator

vibes creator Team Usyk banned Full Member

Aug 11, 2022
    surprised Callum Smith hasn't followed his bro over

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    No big fights at 175 for Mundo. I reckon Matchroom are planning for a big fight between Smith and Buatsi next summer for a World Title (potentially a unification).

9. vibes creator

vibes creator Team Usyk banned Full Member

Aug 11, 2022
    I rate both highly. probably 3 and 4 in the division. However I can't see either beating those Russian beasts. Beterbiev & Bivol will have those titles for a good while yet I believe.

10. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    He’s going to be mandatory for beterbiev after this fight. He plans to win that belt and then look make big fights such as buatsi, Bivol for titles or unifications etc. he gets paid much better if that’s the case. As beterbiev is being made not to take the Bivol fight by top rank and Bivol is fighting Canelo again in May. Callum will be called straight after the Yarde fight.

No point in him moving to Sky as they have nothing for him similar to Johnson going to BT but at the time they had Yarde and Arthur.

if anything I’ve heard beefy is not best pleased with boxxer as he was told it would be a tune up and then Eubank only to find out they didn’t even have him under contract and be left with not much

11. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Yeah should have made it clearer, I was saying there are no big fights for Callum Smith at 175 at Boxxer mate.

Trafford likes this.
  12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    This content is protected

littlebrain and Glenn McKrory like this.
  13. DefinitelyTheBestMan

DefinitelyTheBestMan New Member banned Full Member

Nov 12, 2022
    Lerrone Richards- fights on sky in a few weeks

Dalton Smith is a free agent now, you'd expect him to be going over there

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  14. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Leronne Richards isn’t a big miss to be honest. He sells no tickets, he has a dreadful style albeit a very good fighter, he has no power, and he’s trained by the wanna football coach Dave Coldwell.

I think Dalton Smith would be silly to leave Matchroom personally. He’s their main guy they are investing in in Britain, especially with the trouble surrounding Conor Benn.

Plaistow and littlebrain like this.
  15. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    No profile watched by up to 200 people on DAZN UK.

Sky Sports and BT Sports are the big players with huge TV audiences.

Frankie Blue Eyes and DramaShow like this.