Who's The Most Skilled Fighter In Boxing?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, May 28, 2023.

Who's The Most Skilled Fighter In Boxing?

1. Naoya Inoue

2. Oleksandr Usyk

3. Dmitry Bivol

4. Terence Crawford

5. Errol Spence

6. Artur Beterbiev

7. Shakur Stevenson

8. Vasily Lomachenko

9. Clenelo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Did 22 IQ ever return after Canelo lost?

MismatchHypejob likes this.
  2. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    It's pro boxing bro, Saliddadio pushed rules as far as was allowed and sLomo entered the ring on its own decision getting schooled at close range with Salido landing many more meaningful shots incl. dozens of legit body blows.

Then again, it was the low blows, then it was injury, then it was the judges, not a blemish on hyper-skilled sLomo's record and and Bob Arum totally did NOT pay off the WBO to BUY two world title opportunities, neither he'd earned in the professional ranks. :D

In the meantime Inoue, Crawford and Usyk cutting thru styles and divisions and actually NOT ending up a 3-time sore loser are not among the most skilled, cause years of commentator brain wash told you it's 17-3 sLomo... The Matrix, get it? He so good! Hahaha.

3. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Usyk could write a handbook on boxing as Khabib, GSP and Emelianenko on MMA.

Mr Stagger Lee likes this.
  4. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017

Losing or winning doesnt affect how skilled you are, numptie.

Loma got hit under the belt over 80 times by Salido, it was his 2nd pro fight.

Loma was around 15lbs lighter than Teofimo, Loma rehydrates to 138-140lbs at 135. While Haney and Lopez are near 160 on fight night.

Loma also whopped Teofimos ass in the last 6 rounds and he needed shoulder surgery after the fight. Leos downfall was the tactics in that fight, he banked on Teo tiring and it didnt happen, even with this he outlanded him comfortably across the 12 rounds.

I am a huge Usyk fan and I like him way more than Loma but I have to admit Lomachenko is comfortably a more skilled boxer, even Usyk said as much

MismatchHypejob and Salty Dog like this.
  5. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Clearly, the inability to win more than 6 pro fights on average without picking up a loss has absolutely no correlation with your skillset, if you look good on YouTube Shorts, it doesn't matter that you actually get beaten up close or at distance every once in a while. :eaea:

Fourth_Horseman likes this.
  6. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019

7. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Not sure. I was banned for like the last 6 months.

:lol:

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  8. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I agree. And I like Loma a lot. I think people confuse flash with skill. Loma has both, but because when he gets going he’s very aesthetically pleasing, people call him the most skilled. But he has some clear weaknesses. There are more complete guys than him.

9. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Oh, Lord, it's obvious who wanks on Usyk's photos and I don't mean all of his voters.

10. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    So what if it's pro boxing so you condone cheating then ? there's weight classes for a reason, i mean hell let everyone break the rules then and come in whatever weight they want because its "pro boxing" silly logic. Salido came into the fight as a Welterweight in a fight scheduled at Featherweight and you think that's fair game ? along with referee allowing 100s of low blows without any point deductions ? i also wouldn't class a "Split decision" as schooling either.

I think any unbiased fans just call it as they see it, Salido was a total BS fight with biased referee allowing Salido to foul all night along with Salido coming into the fight 4 weightclasses heavier.

Majority of the fans and professional boxers alike think he beat Haney in a competitive fight, again people are just annoyed that the house fighter always gets BS scorecards like 8-4 scorecard for Haney and scoring 10th round for Haney corruption as its finest.

As for Lopez i don't think anyone argues about this fight Lomachenko clearly lost the fight giving away first 6 rounds.

Again as i said you call it as you see it down the line and call out BS when it's warranted whether you like a fighter or not.

As for Lomachenko's 17-3 record he's been fighting world class opposition since his professional debut, and has took risks and lost a few but that's how it goes. I'd rather a fighter take big risks and risk losing their 0 rather than sitting on a padded undefeated record.

Your brining up the 17-3 without context like it's a bad record, but the context of Lomachenko fighting tough opposition since his professional debut has to be taken into consideration. It's not like he was an upcoming prospect with 20 or so fights against average opposition.

11. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    The hardest fighter to beat in boxing right now is Naoya Inoue so that's my answer to the thread question.

JOKER likes this.
  12. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    How do you know? Why would you exclude him from the list?

13. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    None of them have the upper body movement or the dynamic punch technique of Canelo.

14. 40ozoe

40ozoe Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2022
    Usyk beat Mairis Briedis only on size. Without the size advantage he would have lost. Then he beat mr bodybuilder in a styles make fights type of meeting. Usyk does not belong on this list and if he does then historically speaking his name should always be below the name of Briedis.

15. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    I believe this poll is about right now and I don't think upper body movement and dynamic punch technique are nearly as much a part of Canelo's skillset as they used to be.