Who's The Most Skilled Fighter In Boxing?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, May 28, 2023.

Who's The Most Skilled Fighter In Boxing?

1. Naoya Inoue

2. Oleksandr Usyk

3. Dmitry Bivol

4. Terence Crawford

5. Errol Spence

6. Artur Beterbiev

7. Shakur Stevenson

8. Vasily Lomachenko

9. Clenelo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    I voted for Crawford. He may not be as nimble or as good with angles as Usyk and Lomachenko but he has one thing they don't have, knockout power. I believe power, God-given or otherwise is a skill. This poll is about right now and at this point Loma has very little power. Usyk had good power at cruiserweight but not much at all as a heavyweight.

For me, Crawford and Inoue have the most rounded and complete skillsets.

2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Inoue's been FAR more dominant than Crawford.

columbo likes this.
  3. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    True, and if the thread was about the most dominant fighter I would have voted for Inoue. Alas, it is not. LOL

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  4. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Well, Inoue's been far more dominant because he's more skillful. The most skillful fighter in boxing.

;)

Young Terror likes this.
  5. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Has to be Loma. For him to be beating the bigger stronger more powerful young guns at 35 with an inside style is extraordinary.

6. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Only Mayweather fan girls put stock in unbeaten records

mono, Salty Dog and JOKER like this.
  7. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    It wasn't on display much against Ryder, but there are reasons for that. Smaller ring, Ryder's abilities, etc. In GGG 3, GGG fought like a punching bag, so there was no need to show much upper body movement. Against Bivol we saw more of it. I just think a lot of fans want to believe that Canelo's slowing down and past his prime, and is no longer what he was. I don't see that as the case. He looked better than ever against Ryder. Ryder was rated highly by many fans and Canelo won almost every round. Compared to Loma who got beat by a drained Haney, was marked up by a fighter who isn't really known for his power. It's really no comparison. Haney is a good fighter, but Loma does not have the kind of skills that Canelo has, to slip punches, to counter punch, to throw body shots, etc. Loma has great footwork, and a good overall skill set, but Canelo is on another level. Everybody knows it, no one wants to admit it due to fanboyitis.

8. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Probably the winner of Spence vs Crawford.

9. rawjones

rawjones War ioka Full Member

Apr 30, 2023
    Usyk is my p4p number one but I voted for Inoue as the most skilled. I think Inoue is more well rounded. I think Inoue is the most likely of this group to retire undefeated

JOKER likes this.
  10. columbo

columbo Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2023
    i voted lomachenko, but inoue is right up there for me.

Salty Dog likes this.
  11. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    If it's the most skillful then it's Canelo. Canelo has more skills than Inoue. Inoue doesn't use head movement, doesn't skillfully make people miss, doesn't counter punch, doesn't go to the body, doesn't throw uppers and hooks at odd angles like Canelo does, isn't a ropes master like Canelo.

Inoue just comes right at you, throws hard, throws fast. That's it. His hand speed and power is fantastic for his weight class, but he's not as skillful as Canelo. Because being skill "ful" means you have different kinds of skill. Inoue has skill set that works for him but he doesn't have anywhere near the level of depth or variety to his game as Canelo. And it's not even close. I know you have "Canelo issues" Mr. JOKER but if we're going to evaluate talent we need to put all biases aside and evaluate boxers for what skills they possess.

12. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    @shadow111

I'm rewarding your persistence with the poll addition.

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Thank you. But can you kindly spell his name properly? Show some honor and respect to Canelo's name.

14. rawjones

rawjones War ioka Full Member

Apr 30, 2023
    Inoue definitely does use head movement, counters and body shots

15. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Not to the extent that Canelo does.
    This content is protected

Lets see some clips of Inoue using upper body movement combined with head movement, swaying left and right to make people miss.

Lets see some clips of Inoue doing this to somebody :
    This content is protected

Inoue don't have these kinda skills in his repertoire. He ain't this skillful.