Who's The Most Skilled Fighter In Boxing?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, May 28, 2023.

Who's The Most Skilled Fighter In Boxing?

1. Naoya Inoue

2. Oleksandr Usyk

3. Dmitry Bivol

4. Terence Crawford

5. Errol Spence

6. Artur Beterbiev

7. Shakur Stevenson

8. Vasily Lomachenko

9. Clenelo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rawjones

rawjones War ioka Full Member

Apr 30, 2023
    I'm not saying Canelo isn't skilled, I'm just saying that Inoue isn't one dimensional like you described

2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    OK how is Inoue more skillful than Canelo? What does he do better than Canelo? He punches faster, he has better stamina, he throws more punches, he has a better work rate, etc. But those aren't things that make you more skillful.

skill definition :

-the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance
    -dexterity or coordination especially in the execution of learned physical tasks
    -a learned power of doing something competently : a developed aptitude or ability

Now I'll agree, Inoue is very effective and more effective as a boxer in many ways than Canelo. But when we're talking about skills, that's coordination, a developed ability. Having fast hands isn't a developed ability. Fast hands make you a more effective boxer and more difficult to beat, but that's not part of a boxer's skill. Skill would be punch accuracy, which I'm not saying Inoue doesn't have, but skills are more to do with punching technique OK. So jabs and straights require less advanced technique than hooks and uppercuts. Inoue throws mostly jabs and straights really fast. Sometimes he may throw hooks or uppercuts, how oftern does he do that? Ask yourself, who throws better hooks and uppercuts : Inoue or Canelo? Who is more skillful and throwing hooks and uppercuts. Come on, you know the answer.

Who has better defense? Inoue is so fast and dangerous as a puncher that he hasn't had to develop his defense. He hasn't ever fought someone with the skill set of a Bivol. Canelo did lose to Bivol, but he also did things in that fight that Inoue doesn't do, like fight off the ropes. I'm not hating on Inoue, he's an amazing fighter and he's more effective in some ways, as a P4P fighter. There's certain areas that he is better than Canelo in, but, when it comes to skills, or who's more skillful, it's really no comparison when you look at what goes into Canelo's boxing ability. Inoue is a more basic fighter and hasn't faced the difficulty in opposition that Canelo has. He doesn't have the depth or aspects to his style that Canelo does. I'm not saying he's one dimensional, but he's definitely less dimensional than Canelo.

ikrasevic likes this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Inoue's far more dominant then Clenelo and he's got an excellent defense. He gets hit less then Clenelo and Crawford. He's excellent at rolling and slipping shots.

Inoue's punch mechanics are flawless. He's lost less than 6 rounds in a career across a decade. Canelo lost 11 in the Floyd fight alone. His footwork is sublime, accuracy through the charts.

4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
  5. goku23

goku23 Member Full Member

May 28, 2014
  6. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Usyk Shakur or bivol
    Honorable mention to Crawford canelo and loma.

8. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You could line these guys up one after another on the same night and Fury would beat the crap out of them all. No contest.

9. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    No Inoue? Mad sus, bro. Mad sus.

10. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I don't think your assessment is very accurate to modern Inoue. Watch this fight, it's only two rounds:

This content is protected

He doesn't KO people by rushing them down, despite how quickly he gets people out of there. He sets stuff up off the jab, uses really subtle angles to land left hooks, and counters with the right cross. He's not an inside or pressure fighter.

11. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    The abundance of highlight reel KOs has lots of people mistakenly believing Inoue is only power. Every KO he's authored, he did so through precision boxing and setting up his killshots off his fast and powerful jab. Inoue's a murderous puncher AND an exceptional boxer.

Levook, SpeedKills and JunlongXiFan like this.
  12. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    Amongst everyone mentioned, Inoue is the one that looks the most like a true future ATG and that even includes my main man Usyk.

13. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
  14. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah I watched that live. In the first fight Donaire hurt Inoue. There's a difference between who's better P4P and who's more skilled or skillful. Inoue is a great fighter but he's not as skillful as Canelo. He's not an inside pressure fighter but he doesn't have the upper body movement of Canelo, the punch technique or other aspects of his game. This isn't a knock on Inoue, but if we're comparing Canelo's skills vs Inoue's, it's a very different skill set.

15. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Mr. Bivol saw to it that Canelo will not be on any skills list as long as he is around.