why all the hate over commentators?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Relentless, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    yeh they get alot of things wrong and make lots of stupid comments but without them a fight can't be as entertaining, larry merchant makes me laugh, so did george foreman, they are entertaining, you wont enjoy it without them.

2. Nawfal

Nawfal Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    i think people get pissed off when they do blatant bias towards the house fighter

e.g. lampley and jermaine taylor

larry merchant and foreman are the man! they said what they wanted

3. PolishPummler

PolishPummler Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2005
    One thing is noticed is that no matter who the commentator is people will come on here after a fight with the same as line..."he doesnt know **** about Boxing".

I dont think there is a single commentator out there that everyone can agree on.

4. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    commentators and pundits from all sports are generally pretty ****, the football ones officially being the worst, john motson should be hung up for crimes against my ears.

5. PolishPummler

Oct 15, 2005

6. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    hey jack why dont you put up an avatar?

7. PolishPummler

Oct 15, 2005
    Better yet he should post his picture in the picture thread in the lounge.

8. Sinew

Sinew The Assassin Full Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Good question . At the end of the day , commentators arent what I'm thinking about. Its the event that I am focused on . I could really care less what these people have to
    say(to an extent). They do as good a job as I can expect. In other sports there are a few worse commentators.

But just imagine...You are watching oneof the better fights this year, to hear an old man whining and crying about something that makes no sense whatsoever, and perhaps, just maybe if this old senile ******* got his head out of his ass he can manage to not throw a wrench in the nirvana I was experiencing watching this hell of a fight:(

If you will,... At the end of this video is the culprit capable of ruining a perfect scenraio of greatness...

One...

Larry...

Merchant.

[yt]brZr6ugLwcM[/yt]

Larry...Please stop this...:dead

9. Sinew

Sinew The Assassin Full Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Notice at the end of the video Merchant is trying to stop talking but is still complaining. The fight goes on but hes now stuttering . He still wants to cry about it but the fights continues to commence. And he ...is ...like....trying ....to ....complain...but ...the fight...is ...

Its that moment right there that makes me think of crying Larrymerchant as an angry crying baby getting a nipple put in his mouth to shut him up .

Where he's being satisfied when the coddling takes place.

10. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Turn the sound down..

Just watch the action and use your own disgression.....

11. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Simply because they don't kiss ass like the ESB fanboys like.

12. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    The truth is most people hate on them becuase they wish they had that job thats the reality of it all, so they find reasons to bash on the likes of Lampley or Merchant lets be honest the only people who hate are fans usally fans who love every second of this sport, so much so that they beleive that their ideas or opinions hold more merit than those expressed by who ever is on the telecast.

13. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    It's not really the same without the sound.

You don't get to hear thudding of the punches and the crowd reacting. Or maybe the trash talk between the 2.

14. Deebo

Deebo Pure Textual Satisfaction Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    One of the reasons I never liked Larry Merchant was because of the total distain and disrespect he would talk to and about fighters during fight night. Some people will say "Yeah he just tells it like it is" and "Good ole Larry sticking to his guns", but in reality he was nothing but rude.

I can assure you most of the posters here who "really" boxed in a ring whether amature or professional would agree with me. When someone gives 100% into their sport and another man is just better than you, why does that man have to be called a tomato can, Larry? ****ing piece of **** fat never-boxed-before ignorant *******. :twisted:

15. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    I think too many people want to be nursed through the sport..

just take commentary at face value.. They are just voices in the dark..

If you hate them or have a complete dislike for any of them , you have too much time on your hands..

Commentary is purely for fight fans who aren't that insightful or can't think for themselves..

Some of what they say is good , like back ground research etc..

But how bad does one have to be to make a fan want to hate him.?

Very strange.. Just enjoy the fights..

Larry Merchant is the best ..:good