Why all the hate with Eubank Jr?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by yeyo monster, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    I like Eubanks style. I can see why people don't like him... he talks big and ducks fights that would change his career but I hope he goes through with the WBSS as I think he could prove some doubters wrong.

2. Robson

Robson New Member Full Member

Apr 8, 2016
    His Dad is as famous as he is due to being on ITV when TV was free and consisted of Four Channels. For both to think Eubank JR has reached a level has reached a point where PPV is worth buying is ludicrous.
    Put the fight on ITV on a Saturday without Match Of The Day or any major sporting event then you guarantee a 5 million audience, impress, build up to a mega fight and then with a good supporting fights you could be looking at 20 million viewers at this point consider PPV. His dad may act sharp he was a good fighter, take Boxing advice off him. But for goodness sake get him off your negotiating team.

3. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Is that why he ducked the fight and allowed the Brook farce to happen? Before that I didn't mind Eubank. Ever since then he's just been a loud mouth fighting nobodies or washed up fighters. Let's see what he does in the tourney

N17 likes this.
  4. Robson

Robson New Member Full Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I think many are vastly over estimating Eubank Seniors intelligence. Watch how easily he becomes unstuck and struggles to understand the pi££ take humour directed at him on ''Mrs Merton Show'' and ''They Think It's all Over''.
    It's what internet nerds call Whoosh over his head. And that's before him managing to spunk all his money.
    His style outside the ring was designed to annoy opponents and promote his fights. But encouraging his lad to copy it makes the boy look odd . Some have the style to carry it off most don't and look a pratt when attempting to copy it. Who on earth copies ''Embarrassing Dad''?
    I feel Eubank Snr is trying to continue his career through his boy.

5. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    I think if he had fought GGG he would have given him a good fight (one for the fans to appreciate). Lots of toe to toe action with GGG stopping him in the mid to late rounds.

GK BOX likes this.
  6. GK BOX

Nov 23, 2015
    For sure. Sr ruined the fight

Dfaulds likes this.
  7. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    He is expertly playing the heel, as his father did.

JeremyCorbyn likes this.
  8. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    He duck d because he wasn't ready. He would beat BJS in the rematch and he's a stylistic nightmare for ggg.

9. GK BOX

Nov 23, 2015
    Prime for prime GGG wrecks him. GGG will be done soon

10. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    one reason is that he pretends he is a world champ. This is the difference between him and 3G - 3G has never pretended that his IBO title defences count as world title fights.

11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I think that is a complete myth, people keep saying he is a stylistic problem for Golovkin.

Jr is easy to hit, his footwork is average, his power was average at 160, his ring IQ is average so what exactly does he have to beat Golovkin?

Workrate and Stamina?

That's all well and good against a fighter like AA, faded, stationary, very low output but Golovkin?

I think you need a little more than that, Golovkin has very good timing, serious power, he is very clever and to be honest I believe he could beat Jr with just his jab, in my mind it really would be that simple for him.

deyell likes this.
  12. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Show me a humble boxer and I will show you someone selfish and egotistical, especially modern day boxers

13. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    -Not easy to hit
    -Fastest hands GGG has ever faced
    -Best combination punching GGG has faced
    -Great inside fighter, GGG has problems dealing with little guys like Ouma and Monroe on the inside, imagine what it will be like against a guy the same size as him!!!
    -Iron chin

How can GGG beat a guy he can't hurt that lands 4 shots to his 1? If Jr is easy to hit GGG has some leaky as defence its just that the blokes he fights are to small and scared to fight back.

Jr is the same size as him, ffs so was Jacobs and Jacobs fought scared because he has a Glass chin. Jacobs still beat Golovkin according to the majority of fighters and unbiased fans. Jr would tear him apart, GGG is too slow to run.

14. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    well jnr lands his 4 blows on his opponents forearms. After which the opponent laughs at him.

15. rapscalion

rapscalion Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I like seeing him fight but he is a **** and thinks he's much bigger than he is and it's annoying