Why are Joshua/Loma held to a different 'standard' compared to other fighters?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by OpinionOfACasual, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    You don't know what consititues a duck.

A duck is when a fighter is either called out/ offered a contract or obligated to fight an opponent through being a mandatory yet does everything in their power to avoid accepting terms or appealing for special privileges to avoid having to fight a mandatory.

Your boy Joshua has done all those things in the past to duck several fighters and ironically you don't hold him to the same standard you are judging Wilder by even after he said he wasn't ready for Wilder, doesn't feel safe fighting outside England, wants to milk the fans some more etc etc, I could go on forever the amount of ducking statements your roided up drug dealing hero has come out in the last several months.

2. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    This content is protected

CalzWelshPrince likes this.
  3. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    Easy there fella, i'm a boxing fan, not a wilder/joshua hater/lover......

I just like to deal in facts.

Joshua's team stated that he was 'not ready' for Klitschko, they still took it.
    Wilder's team stated that he was 'not ready' for Klitschko, so they avoided/ducked it, whatever word you want to use.

I'm a Brit, that doesn't make me biased.....but it probably explains why I like the fighters I like.

Loma, Spence and Joshua are my favorite current active fighters because in their short careers they've dared to dream big.
    They've took fights you'd expect an ordinary prospect to lose at this stage of their careers (Linares, Brook and Klitschko).

I'm not into loud mouths who are yet to back it up.

deadACE and LANCE99 like this.
  4. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    You're a nationalistic biased troll. We established that a long time ago.

Joshua and his team have come out with numerous ducking statements, that are too long to list including admitting in a interview that he didn't feel ready for Wilder and you will not admit to them being duckers. You even said no one knows why the Wilder vs Joshua fight isn't happening, when it is as clear as day that Hearn is the main culprit as to why the fight isn't happening.

The Hearns have made Joshua lose out on 50 million and has even told him that it is good for him long term because he can carry on fighting non threatening duds and make the same just over a longer period.

He took on Klitschko because he knew after the pathetic display against Fury, that he was on his last legs. They also take on opponents who come off a victory when they have look poor and substandard where the opponent has managed to oppose weaknesses. It gives them confidence that there is little risk.

The Klitschko that took off Pulev's head off would not have been allowed to fight Joshua. He was undefeated and on a streak and no one could blame him for avoiding that Klitschko considering how early it was in Joshua's career.

Klitschko never once called Wilder out, so he was under no obligation to fight him. He said in a interview that he didn't feel ready yet to fight the king of the division, the super champion which is no shame and cannot be considered a duck because he didn't have his back against the wall being compelled to fight him. Had Klitschko been doing interviews slagging him off and asking him when is he going to be ready to fight, you'd have a point.

Since that didn't happen, you are clutching at straws to distract away from the fact that Joshua ducked Ortiz and ducked Wilder so he fight another 40 year old 5'6 tubby dud who's best days are behind him.

5. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    Nationalistic?

Well, I don't agree with that.....but i'd rather be making nationalistic posts, than posting insults about LGBT matters.

Joshua fought Klitschko when he did, as it made no sense for it to happen earlier, as Joshua wasn't relevant before he won a World title.

As for 'ducking' Ortiz, when did Ortiz put himself in a mandatory position?

Why is Wilder still being sued for avoiding fighting Povetkin?

I deal with facts, not opinions.
    Defending a man who has offered 1 decent fight to boxing fans in 40 fights is a perfectly acceptable position to have.....But not for me, i'm a boxing fan, not a fan of individuals.

6. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    To hell with LGBT and to anyone of these number of filthy rapid dogs associated with those freaks pushing their *******ised agenda on society.

Ortiz became Joshua s mandatory after he beat Klitschko. He was orders to fulfil his obligation within 120 days.

That's when AJ got his slave master daddy to appeal to the WBA in order to be given a special permit to duck Ortiz and keep the belts as a paper champion. This common knowledge but I forgot I'm talking with a casual.

As for Wilder he couldn't fight Povetkin because the man failed a drug test and got banned.

Wilder was willing to travel to the hostile nation of Russia in order to make the fight happen. A sign of a true champion.

Joshua can't step foot out of the capital since that would mean be without his carefully selected bodyguards i.e referees protecting him every power punch.

7. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Not good comparisons, since PAC at 21 fights wasn't even 20 years old and was still a flyweight while Floyd was 21 years old and a lightweight. Both Manny and Floyd as they got older would go on to climb and dominate other divisions. Loma is 30 with 12 fights and started as a fully developed adult and in his prime while PAC and Floyd did not. Also, Joshua is 28 years old with his resume, which isn't all that. PAC and Floyd at around age 30 were light years ahead of either Loma or Joshua.

Caper likes this.
  8. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    People are still using the quote from finkel like its a page from the bible.

Finkel ALSO said he didnt want wilder to fight ortiz, that it was a big risk, and wilder fought him anyway.

In other words, finkel doesnt tell wilder what to do.

Wladmir never called out wilder. In fact wilder said hed be interested in unifying but wladmir ended up losing to an obese coke head. People dont know what the term "duck" means.

9. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Jealousy.

People from place B want that fighter from place A is actually fighting for place B.

This leads to hate and trolling. Deep down they know how good these two great fighters really are and they hope seeing them lose.

Infern0121 likes this.
  10. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Both of those guys that you mentioned are seen as massive "threats" by the American fanbase.

Americans dont mind foreign fighters as long as they LOSE to the best americans.

It's a fear thing and it always happens.

Have to remember most boxing fans are american and very few of them arent in it for anything more than nationalistic bragging rights.

11. coltaine

coltaine Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2015
    pacquiao was 18 years old after 20 fights, and floyd was 21. just saying.

12. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    Deontay "Leshaun" Wilder has been a professional for a DECADE. He has been a world titke holder for YEARS, and is 33 years old.

And in that time has fought ONE good fighter who was a 39 year old with a crap resume.

It speaks for itself.

13. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    A better comparrison would be Wlad who at Joshuas age was about to be flattrned by brewster and being told to quit because he didnt have it.

14. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    If people give AJ credit for Wlad , then Wlad should get credit for Ray Mercer and Mcbride for Tyson.

15. Mark Adam

Mark Adam Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Wlad had far more left than Tyson and Mercer, you really think McBride could have beaten the version of Wlad that lost to AJ? No way would McBride get off the floor to win like AJ did and Kevin would been caught even more than AJ was.