WHY are PEOPLE PICKING WHYTE ??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kiwi_in_America, Jul 12, 2018.

1. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Whyte will slow mid fight and lose his composure

Parker will take over and win all the end rounds.

Parker UD

2. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Whyte can win this. I think it will be similar to the Chisora Whyte fight.

Staminakills likes this.
  3. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    It is by no means an easy fight or an easy fight to call, but the overwhelming number of people confidently calling Whyte the winner is ridiculous imho. I caught a Brit podcast thing where the discussion was basically what round Whyte would do Parker in.

I am really looking forward to it, but I think Whyte has had a lot of opponents who are very well suited to his style - ie, bugger all movement/speed and largely stand right in front of him. Chisora is no Parker and that fight was SO close, Whyte has fought people who gas after the first couple of rounds since then and looked great against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing Takam versus Chisora as perspective leading up to Whyte vs Parker, I wonder if people saying Whyte will win easy will start dropping guts as that plays out.

Vykus likes this.
  4. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Whyte is a Brit so he has a fanbase that overrates him. The UK has a lot of good fighters but the fans can't seem to tell the difference between their world class and contender level fighters.

Cecil, KiwiMan and Southpawswitch like this.
  5. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    B/c Parker is fighting in Whyte-flag's backyard & Whyte-flag has some form on the board.

The dynamic is different from the Hughie Fury fight also. In that one, Parker brought something of value to the table that Big Cat didn't deserve to win.

This time around, Whyte-flag is bringing the item of value (the no.1 contender spot) & is fighting at home. Don't expect the same level of favour from the judges this time around.

Not saying Parker can't win b/c he can but it's going to take a big effort to pull it off.

Staminakills likes this.
  6. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Because Parker just ain't all that. Whyte will win without controversy.

Staminakills likes this.
  7. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Here's hoping Parker just knocks Whyte out to prevent any controversy, he's a step down or at best sideways from most of Parker's recent opponents imho.

Vykus likes this.
  8. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  9. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    This^. Whyte has never fought a boxer as well rounded as Parker, not even close. Helenuis and Browne were finished before fighting him, and his fight with a fading Chisora was a coin toss, Parker is in his prime, at the top of his game, and after Takam, Ruiz, Fury, Joshua, is used to fighting at the top level. This is a big step up for Whyte, not the other way around. I see Parker outboxing Whyte, Whyte losing his composure after a couple rounds and going for it, Parker taking control and giving him a boxing lesson before putting him away late.

Lith likes this.
  10. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Could argue that the Joshua Whyte fought may have been as dangerous, but Parker is definitely much better rounded than the AJ he fought then... though Whyte is a bit better rounded than he was then too. Either way, the last time Whyte fought someone at this kind of level he got KTFO and didn't knick a round despite even tagging AJ with a wild shot which gave him a woozy.

Vykus likes this.
  11. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Holler came off like a true poet,
    just waited a good minute to show it.

12. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Exactly. I like Whyte, hes a solid contender, but the likes of Joshua, Parker, Fury, Povetkin, Miller put him in his place I think, which is just below these guys. Takam or Wilder would have been opponents for Whyte. A skilled boxer like Parker will be difficult for a fighter like Whyte to beat.

13. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  14. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Parker all day for me, it may not be easy to start off with in the early rounds but I can't see any other outcome other than a stoppage win for him between 8-10th.

15. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Parker is slow and AJ should have put him away easily.

Whyte in a wide wide UD.

Staminakills likes this.