why are refs so against fighters talking?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Illmatic, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I mean, who cares? They get so mad over it, but is it even in the rule books? Let em talk **** in there, its entertaining some times

2. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    wanna give an example?

3. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Talking during a fight? Well, how about because it's ****IN STUPID to be moving your jaw when it might get punched...

4. JMonster

JMonster Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2005
    exactly what he said ^^^^^ lol.......for one reason atleast. 2, what if u saw 2 boxers talking and one gets ko'd off of a punch that didn't look that punishable? set-up?? media would love for that to happen and have a big discussion on it. but neways...refs don't ALWAYS get mad. i remember mayweather was talkn to the announcers about who he wanted to win on the superbowl when he was fighting bruseless

5. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    Emmanuel Augustus and Zab Judah have been warned for it many times.

6. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    How is it a violation of the rules to do something that may expose yourself to more punishment in a game where the main aim is to knock the other person out?

7. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Why do refs allow some boxers to violate the rules, while taking a point from others of the same damned thing?!

8. Lance_Uppercut

Jul 19, 2004
    It's common sense. And a safety issue as well. I KNOW it's boxing, but they do have rules to PROTECT the fighters..

I guess you're part of that "Trash talking isn't disrespectful, it' COOL!" generation. :lol:

9. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    Damn, do you have to be a hater and an ******* at all times?

My point is, if it isn't in the rulebook (at least I think it isn't), why do refs enforce it like it is?

10. Lance_Uppercut

Jul 19, 2004
    Well...was I wrong?

11. Lance_Uppercut

Jul 19, 2004
    Just seems like a no-brainer. Who the **** wants fighters to talk **** in the ring anyways...

12. Jazzo

Jazzo Non-Facebook Fag Full Member

Feb 5, 2006
    If a fighter wants to use words in the ring, then I see no problem - he does so at his own risk.

The majority of boxers are of very low IQ, and could perhaps be toppled by psychobabble.

Furthermore, it allows effective taunting.

13. thunder06

thunder06 Active Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Ali talked in the ring. Of course, he talked anywhere and everywhere so I guess it didn't matter.

14. good right hand

good right hand Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    i would be against it if it was a known safety hazzard, but i am in totall agreement of it being entertaining.....

if they can use their mouth to break the oppenent concetration then it may be insuring the own safety. some boxer punch with mouth open so im guessing it wouldent matter so much if they exchanged words instead of fists.

i saw roy jones and david tolesco go through a viscous verbal war which lead to roy deliberately corner himself and effectively counter telsco while show boating.

ali was also a talker in the ring and it may have helped his career and his style of winning fights.

if there was some proof that getting punched with your mouth open was life threatening then i would be against it. but from what i have seen, im am assuming that its nothing more then what it is.... trash talk.

15. Illmatic

Jul 19, 2004
    can anyone tell me if its an actual rule or not?