Why cant GGG be like Canelo and fight big names?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Duscle, Dec 3, 2019.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Every single point you've made has been destroyed. You have successfully refuted ANYTHING.

I'm going to put your silly PPV argument to rest (again), once and for all.

The argument you are making is that Golovkin was justified in declining Ward's offer BECAUSE Golovkin was potentially had a considerably larger PPV audience.

My argument is that it is rubbish, and clearly one of several excuses to justify NOT fighting Andre Ward.

First: When Roc Nation sent K2 the offer for the Golovkin fight, neither Golovkin or Ward had fought under PPV.

Secondly: The reason why neither fighter had a PPV fight up until that point was because neither fighter was a big enough draw.

Third: In the last quarter of 2015 Golovkin had his first PPV fight against David Lemieux. Depending on the source, that fight produced between a sad 97,000 PPV buys to a very low 150,000 PPV buys.

In 2016 Ward had his first PPV fight which sold (depending on the source) 160,000 buys to 165,000 buys.

Here's the kicker! The contract was sent to Golovkin in 2015.. 2015.. 2015, for a fight in 2016.. 2016.. 2016!

What does that mean, {an explanation needed to the blind, short sighted, dense, low IQ, and dumb....} That means that between 2015-2016 when the contract was sent to GGG, and when the fight was supposed to take place both fighter's PPV value was almost equal.

Now to add the Cherry on top, in 2017 in Golovkin's next PPV fight depending on the source, he sold between 130k-150k-170K, while in Ward's next PPV in fight in 2017 he sold between 125k-130k.

What Canelo sold when he fought GGG, TWO years after Ward's to GGG was made should have ZERO bearing on GGG's PPV worth between 2015-2016.

Let me attempt to dumb it down for you even more for you.

If you're only worth 150K in 2015 and I'm worth 165K in 2016, and I send you a contract for a fight 50/50 split, how is that a bad deal?

2. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Im watching a great boxing card and fight as we type.

Post me all of Wards PPV ratings and all of Golovkins PPV ratings.

Then we can talk.

3. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You're a cretin.

lol

4. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Again show me the PPV’s then we can talk, until then STFU.

5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Give me the "reason" why the PPV numbers are so important, until then, you really coming across as a cretin.

6. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Either post them as you threatened too or **** off you utter parasite.

If you are not willing to post them as you threatened don’t bother replying to this post.

7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You are CLEARLY not interested in real debate. Enjoy the fight!

8. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This fruitcake has been roasted so many times, it's truly hilarious. :lol: At some point he even bragged about going out with his wife and kids for dinner. :qmeparto:

IsaL likes this.
  9. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    He's going to ask you for the numbers first, then he will ask you for actual copies of the receipt. See what I mean when I say I never ever run into a mentally stable Golovkin fan?. It's terrifying that people like that are allowed to have children.

IsaL likes this.
  10. MannyMMA

MannyMMA Canelo fans are male swifties Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    You underestimate the power of cognitive dissonance.

Odins beard likes this.
  11. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    And I got straight back to you once I’d finished. That’s not a “roasting”, that’s called having a life.

Do you not go out with your family? Too broke? Still living with your mum?

12. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    If someone is talking “figures” then why would you choose to post only partial ones that support your argument?

All I ask, after he threatened to, was to see the full PPV numbers of all of their PPV fights.

Again you/he doesn’t want to debate on that after both getting found out then that’s fine, neither of you are taken seriously on here anyhow.

13. PistolPat

PistolPat Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Here is a question for you.

Mayweather had far bigger PPV numbers than De La Hoya throughout his career.

When they fought in 2007, Hoya took home 52 million, and Mayweather earned 23 million.

Why didn't Mayweather stipulate on his contract in 2007 with Oscar, that he will have far bigger PPV numbers in the future, including the record breaking 400 million dollar fight with Pacman in 2015, which is why he deserves the lion's share of the fight purse?

14. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    DLH was the name fighter at the time, Mayweather only truly took off as a household name after that fight imo.

Obviously Floyd went on to become the bigger “brand” if you like.

15. PistolPat

PistolPat Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Exactly, at the current point in time Hoya was the bigger name. Which is why it's pointless to ask for all the Ward PPV numbers vs GGG PPV numbers years after the contract was sent.

In the future GGG became the bigger household name, at the time the fight was in talks neither were PPV stars so why are you asking for overall PPV numbers, when it should have no bearing on a contract that was sent before GGG became the bigger star. Future numbers should have no relevancy on past dealings, even if we're just talking hypothetically.