Why did Sonny Liston die?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by catasyou, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Maxmomer

Maxmomer Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    His heart stopped beating?

2. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Sonny's own wife never saw Liston ever have drugs, paraphernalia, anything. And Liston didn't particularly strike me as a shy guy, hiding his habits.

Not to mention a perpetual loathing for needles. He wouldn't even go to the doctors because of needles!

3. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Dude, what do you want to hear from his wife , that he was a dope addict with very little self control ? Of course she is going to paint him like a saint as would you.

BTW, you can smoke or snore H with the same effects . I guarantee that if you dig him up and do some modern testing on him that they find traces of every hard core drug in him. I would call him a life time user if some one would corner me for a answer. The body can take only so much until it says , **** it, and it does not take a monster dose to get the job done, especially when there is a long history of abuse.

H is a downer and most advanced dopers counteract it with a upper, that my friend is like playing ping pong ball with your heart, up and down until it says no more..........just ask Elvis, he did not OD technicilly, he heart gave out when he was on the shitter.

I would not read to much in coroner reports, its a public service which does not attract a lot of talent. Just ask Mr Baden how many cases he had re opened because of his findings despite the coroner swore up and down that he was right.

For anybody who has been around drugs and serious dopers will most likely conclude that Sonny fits the profile of a serious, not recreational , drug abuser and either OD'ed or died from complications of its use.

4. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    You're contradicting everything that the people that LIVED alongside him have maintained for decades. His family, friends, trainers.

You're mentioning Elvis alongside Sonny Liston? :lol::lol::lol: So relevant. One man's a noted and proven drug addict who had a little pharmacy in his home and the another guy loathes needles and not a soul who's ever been with him has seen nor heard of him having drug issues.

Your multi-paragraph rant doesn't mean much alongside their statements. You're a random boxing forum member rambling on about drugs and as far removed from the actual reality of his situation as possible.

Sorry, I'll take the consistent stories that they've maintained for 30 plus years over you.

5. OLD FOGEY

OLD FOGEY Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2006
    "I would not read to much in coroner reports"

This is not a backwoods country doctor. This is a pathologist for Clark County, which includes Las Vegas. His autopsy report, including microscopic and toxicology findings from one of the top labs in the country in Los Angeles, is certainly, in my judgement, the best evidence we have.

6. True Writer

True Writer Active Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2007
    It was probably just a drug overdose plain and simple no foul play.

7. catasyou

catasyou Lucian Bute Full Member

Apr 7, 2008
    A healthy strong guy like him most likely doesn't die that young of ''natural causes''.
    And was he descovered after 7 days?Never heard that one before.Where were his wife and housecleaner?

8. catasyou

Apr 7, 2008
    Disliked by the mafia and some people maybe,he wasn't an especially nice guy if you didn't know him.
    In the Ali rematch it wasn't Ali they cheered for.

9. catasyou

Apr 7, 2008
    It's very likely he was killed,probably for the Wepner fight.

10. catasyou

Apr 7, 2008
    How if the substances in his body were not enough to kill him?

11. True Writer

True Writer Active Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Whats the point in killing him?

12. catasyou

Apr 7, 2008
    Not obeing orders.An example to others

13. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
  14. catasyou

Apr 7, 2008
    Substances in his body were not enough for an overdose.

15. sitiyzal

sitiyzal ................. Full Member

Sep 25, 2008
    That douchebag Pedro Fernandez claimed on his site that Liston died masturbating :tired.