why dismiss khan

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by faisal, Jul 14, 2007.

1. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
    he's only 20 years old if he works on his defence 2 or 3 years down the line he could be world champ

2. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Because he's a china chinned joke that's had an insane hype train and red carpet ride just because he's marketable to the average idiot because of his decent speed, the novelty of a kid winning a silver medal and being able to sell him by playing the ethnic card to minorities.

Khan's nothing, everyone should have seen the signs, TV show idea's, a damn autobiography already and other ridiculous things for a totally unproven fighter.

He'll never win a world title, because even if you have an amazing defence, you still get clipped and if you can barely take the punches of a feather fisted journeyman like Limond, how do you take the punches of an even moderate hitting world class level fighter?

Grow up.

The Khan train is over, but I suspect that a slight "build up" may come about again after the kid slams a few more Steffy Bull level fighters out, then when he fights someone with 12 ko's, he'll get brutally KTFO and I'll be around to dish out the final death blow to the Khan train.:lol:

3. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    wernt you the one who said youve got a great chin:hey better watch out son

4. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    I can take a well shot.:good

5. transwarp100

transwarp100 New Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Up the old bum hole no doubt...:lol:

6. mann187

mann187 WTF is going on? Full Member

May 22, 2007
    Come on this is getting stupid, yeah Khan chin is shaky and he needs to work his defence but to completly write him off just shows how fickle some people are. I think world class is just out of reach but Khan can reach a level 90% of boxers wont reach.

I think most problems with Khan result with the hype the media built just like any other hype job people soon switch as soon as a stumbling block occurs.

7. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    Khan cannot be dismissed. He is a very skillfull boxer but unfortunately for him he is from the generation of amateur boxers who are coached to 'box to the computer'. Computer scoring in amateur boxing favours long range boxers who telegraph their shots (more chance of being seen by 5 out of five judges). The rough and tumble of inside fighting is (sadly) all but lost. I heard Khan himself say that 'Only head shots count in amateur boxing'. While not technically correct it is true in practice.

Modern amateurs do not have to be robust and this quality is now only really tested when they turn pro. Unless things change more and more amateurs will fail to make the transition. Khan will never have a chin of iron but he has room to toughen up, concentrate on defence, and stop flapping when pressured. He also needs to stand tall and tuck his chin in.

He wil need to learn fast however as he now has a title which means he will have to defend it and he simply can't afford to get hit as much as he currently does. Getting knocked down twice in your early fights is not a disaster but it is definately a warning that all is not well.

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I don't think anyone has got this so I will laugh.

:lol:

9. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    Khan has been officially dismissed by most knowledgable fans, what does that say?:lol:

10. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    It is not a case of being right or wrong. It is a case of respecting the fighter and the game.

Khan has done nothing to be disrespected. A bit of the usual machismo and bravado. You should complain if he doesn't have this.

When the time came for Khan to show us his intestinal fortitude, he rose to the occassion. If you call yourself a fan you would respect this. As of yet you have not given him his props so I must maintain that such a fan is a DISGRACE!

11. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    It says that unfortunately boxing has very unforgiving fans and work on the moronic 'what have you done for me lately' line of thought.

12. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    no you were the one saying you have NEVER been buzzed

13. joe33

joe33 Guest

To me it was the crazy hype that made me lose interest in him,with out that i would have liked him far more,and i hate to say it,but i do think most white men in england at least never got 100% behind him,becasue of his colour,sorry but i really think thats true,rightly or wrongly,bar his home crowd most others could have cared little about him.

14. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    You've never heard of the Swiss cranium?:D

15. ferd cloupes

ferd cloupes Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2006

mate i'm a white english fella and i'm a fan and i ain't the only one. you simply do not get prime time terrestrial tv for your fights if you only appeal to a minority audience. as to his colour, are we concentrating on particular shades of colour nowadays or did we never like conteh benn bruno honeyghan eubank etc ?