Why do people defend Canelo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by George Crowcroft, Apr 23, 2019.

1. sdot_thadon

sdot_thadon Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2009
    The faces of boxing have done this before, it isn't unfamiliar territory to the initiated. Boxing is the only sport we get these results from because it's subjective. Judges can be fans of fighters or styles as much as we can and there isn't a nailed down guideline to judging bouts. We have loose ideas that get loosely interpreted and you get 2 guys watching the same fight with opposite results. It is what it is. Weight bullying is not a new tactic either. The tests i get it, he was punished and served whatever judgment was rendered whether you like it or not. Imho peds are touchy and everyone is stupid inconsistent with how they react to them. I don't see them as much as an evil as most do because boxing is a historical sport, tons and tons of history. Unless we can prove everyone before this more strenuous testing era was clean, i kinda don't care as bad as it may sound.

2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Regardless he still ducked him. And he also robbed him and for example, Mayweather gets more stick than ever for ducking Pacquiao, but they fought in 2015. So he shouldn't be criticized. He didn't fight him in his prime due to ducking.

3. sdot_thadon

sdot_thadon Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2009
    6 year gap vs a roughly 1 year gap. Not anywhere near the same. He even said as he vacated the reasoning behind it. GGG being old doesn't mean Canelo had to race to face him without the right deal in place. If anything G's age should have been more incentive to take the terms because he needed Canelo more than Canelo needed him obviously.

4. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I don't think any of them should be defended either, it's not the world against Canelo, judges can also be paid and influenced. Again other people weight bullying shouldnt be defended for it either. Cheating with PEDs is still cheating, accidentally or on purpose. And of you fail 2 tests then you need to be punished appropriately, and need to (if the excuse was true) watch what goes in your body

BoxingPurest likes this.
  5. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Canelo still ducked him, nuff said

BoxingPurest likes this.
  6. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It is what it is, the casuals soon forget. One thing I will say is more fool Golovkin and his team for being bought out and allowing Canelo to call all the shots.

7. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    G should have unified and beat bhops record

BoxingPurest and BCS8 like this.
  8. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I actually agree with this. He should have fought Saunders and collected all the titles. I feel that Canelo would have been forced to fight him on his terms had he done that. Then again, Saunders is a hell of a fighter when he's on song and maybe Golovkin thought the risk/reward made the scales tip in Canelo's favour.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  9. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Finding clean utensils to cook with in that camp can be a challenging process I'm told.

Jackstraw and George Crowcroft like this.
  10. Lazar

Lazar Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Two reasons:

1. You’re Mexican.

2. You’re part of the Demographic LDBC and you celebrate anything anti GGG.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Checkmate!

22JM likes this.
  12. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    The fact that you have some of Lara's friends and stable mates saying Canelo rightfully won is much more credible than a "known" Canelo hater on www.boxingforum24.com saying Lara was robbed.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  13. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Thats like saying Lewis ducked Tyson.

14. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    What shots?

15. BoxingPurest

BoxingPurest Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2019
    again all the valid and great points you made will be ignored by Canelo fans lol !

George Crowcroft likes this.