Why do people discount peoples records once they’re past a certain point

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JordanK2406, Aug 24, 2021.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    The problem with you is, you nay-say Pac's top opponents. And you are an admitted Pac hater. Why should anything you say be taken serious? You can't see Pac's resume with an open mind. Instead, you take offense to anyone who hold him in TOO HIGH a regards in your opinion.

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Yes I can if I couldn't I would say he wasn't any good a hype job and a fraud like CJ and others do for PBF. I can be real and say Pac is an elite ATG hell I put him anywhere from top 25 or top 20 does that sound like someone who can't be objective??? I just say he's not a top 10 ATG which going by his resume he's not.

drenlou and The Real Lance like this.
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Guys, I can't get why you are so angry.
    Both, Pamcan and Floyd Jr likes me a lot. ;)

If talking about lost fights and officiating Ali from 70 ies was very suspicious fighter.
    If he had won, no rematch for Foreman ( Don and Ali had dragged him to fight in Zaire ), if they think that fighter is not dangerous, then drag him to Manila and sorry, Frazier for me was better boxer than Ali in 70 ies.
    Norton, he might had 1-2 record vs Norton with different judges.
    Like this and sorry, it is what this is here.
    Wlad had been accused as dirty boxer while Ali in 70 ies was not less dirty: holding and rope and dope, mauling and King's cards were things that had helped him a lot.
    Most overrated boxer in world history was Ali from 70 ies.
    Most underrated boxer : Ali from 60 ies including amateur career.

4. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    fair enough

Pimp C likes this.
  5. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    It took you this long to understand? Damn dude

6. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    STFU lap dog...

7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Youre a Lap BELUGA WHALE.....

The Real Lance likes this.
  8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Nobody going to talk about Donaire and Hopkins losing in their debut. That never hindered how we see them. Same with losing in your 40's. It did happen but really all it means is that by age 42 he could no longer beat the Ugas' of the world. No shame. There's not a long list of fighters that were beating ranked opponents into their 40's.

Pepsi Dioxide and Hookie like this.
  9. Hookie

Hookie Affeldt... Referee, Judge, and Timekeeper Full Member

Dec 19, 2009
    What about Holyfield?

At age 30 this is what he had accomplished as a pro-
    28-0 (22) overall
    10-0 (7) in World title fights at CW and HW
    Undisputed World Champ in 2 divisions.
    5-0 (2) vs. Hall of Famers.
    Beat 10 Word title Holder.
    3 of them were Lineal HW Champs.

Next 10 years? He went 10-5-2 (2) overall and 6-4-2 (2) in HW World title fights. He was now 38-5-2 (24) overall and 16-4-2 (9) in World title fights.

He went 6-5 (5) in his remaining fights, he was almost 49 in his last fight. He lost 2 world title fights and won the lightly regarded WBF HW belt.

What does it all mean? Was he really better at 29 than he was at 30 or 31? He was 30 when he lost to Bowe in '92. I'm a big fan so I had him undefeated at age 30. Well, he was... then he lost to Bowe. He looked good in the fight but he fought toe to toe too much and lost the decision. He looked much better in the rematch but Bowe was not as good in the 2nd fight as he was in the 1st. That's boxing. Very rarely do the sun, moon, and stars properly align. That's where the debates begin. Could Holyfield (November of '93, age 31) defeated Bowe of November of '92)? I say yes, that's one of the reasons I put Holyfield above Bowe... even head to head and prime vs. prime, no injuries, no B.S., both at their very best.

Leonard and Duran. Yeah, Duran fought the fight of his life and got the win over Leonard in their first fight. It was a close fight. Leonard was much better in their second fight and Duran was pretty bad. Could Leonard of the 2nd fight beat Duran of the 1st fight? I say yes.

Anyone see Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw and other great QBs in their final games? I did. It was hard to watch but that's not who they were at their best.

Loudon likes this.
  10. Hookie

Hookie Affeldt... Referee, Judge, and Timekeeper Full Member

Dec 19, 2009
    No MLB pitcher won more games than Jim Palmer in the 1970's. Anyone see him pitch his last season (1984). It was pretty bad. He tried to comeback a few years later and didn't make it through spring training. I guess what he did in the mid '80s diminishes his all-time status, right? He was in every World Series the Orioles were ever in... '66, '69, '70, '71, '79, and '83. What he did in 1984 really doesn't mean sh!t.

The Real Lance and Loudon like this.
  11. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Remember when that srub basketball player tried to make a return to the NBA after playing baseball... only averaged 20PPG. and he's supposed to be one of the best?? Man Jordan sucks.... :lol:

12. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Said this a few years back. Still applies

13. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    All fighters chase that 'One last great performance'. I think Pac got his w/ Thurman. But most fighters won't have it, yet keep trying.

Pepsi Dioxide and northpaw like this.
  14. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I agree with this. Especially fighters that have been elite for an extended length of time.

The Real Lance likes this.
  15. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Shaq was no good his final few seasons. Favre and Peyton sucked in their final year. Pujols has truly sucked for half a decade now.

Wilt could have finished with more points than Kareem had he played for another nine seasons going through the whole "washed up" process. So there's something to be said there. Playing below a legendary level as a legend inflates total numbers beyond their piers. You just have to factor it all in, like everything else.