Why do people hate casuals?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Davepompeydave, Apr 15, 2019.

1. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I have no problem really with the casuals. Generally they are good for the sport, more numbers the better. Some hardcore fans can be guilty as well of ignorance /arrogance of their knowledge of the sport.

More people watching and appreciating boxing, the better.

TonyHayers likes this.
  2. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    What's wrong with Dave Allen headlining the O2?

3. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Back under your bridge.

Twentyman and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    I don't get that reaction. Boxing has never been about the best automatically being the most popular. If Dave Allen is popular enough to headline the O2 what is wrong with that?

5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Only happening because Eh Day is scraping the bowels of Matchroom HQ and this was the biggest turd in the barrel

6. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Allen is a nothing fighter, this fight doesn't matter one bit and his career will never amount to anything. We only get a finite amount of fight nights a year and this is a total waste of one.

BXNG101 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    He's not popular enough though is he? He's being shoehorned into a slot to fulfil Eddie's commitments on a shoe that might well lose money.

Do YOU think Dave Allen has enough of a following to justify headlining the 02?

8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Do you not understand that he is not popular enough to headline the O2?

Firstly, they've sold about 6,000 tickets. The upper tiers will be closed off completely. He is clearly not an O2 headliner.

Secondly, he is not even the headliner on merit. Chisora voluntarily offered to be chief support to give Dave Allen his "big night".

Thirdly, the only reason why Dave Allen is so high on this card is because the usual types who would headline this card are now demanding PPV cards only and mega purses as a result of the increasing casual interest in Matchroom cards.

Furious and Jurgen like this.
  9. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018

I can't stand fans like you because I've been following boxing my whole life, buying PPVs, subscribing to Ring Mag before there was internet , and for whatever reason the networks care more about catering to people like you who showed up late to the party to follow one particular fighter because of either their nationality or whatever other reason than they do about fans that have been supporting the sport for decades..

And worst of all about fans like you is that once the one fighter you follow loses, you forget about the sport of boxing and the networks are off and running to find the next crop of brain dead idiots to replace you with ...

All the while continuing to sh!T on hardcore fans that have been financially supporting this sport their entire lifes

Clarence Gianni and nurological like this.
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Absolutely mate - if this was tennis, this fight would be stuck on the smallest outside court available

11. Davepompeydave

Davepompeydave As bad as can Full Member

Sep 10, 2018
    All due respect mate you don't know me. I got into boxing watching old tapes of Ali... who lost fights. It's not my fault I was born in a era where I can get things free thar you had to pay for when you was my age. None the less I have paid for boxing books to read about older fighters and expand my knowledge. I have taken up boxing and had 2 fights, won one drew the other. I've had the **** beat out of me in sparring because it's something I enjoy doing. I watch fights from broadcasters that speak in languages I don't even understand to try and map out the future of boxing. So tell me more about why you're a better fan then me. Just because you're older. I am a big tyson fury fan so I had my opportunity to stop watching boxing. I didn't and I have literally watched every fight I could. I'm a fan of boxing. Not a particular boxer. For me I don't give a **** about people being undefeated. It boils up good rivalries and I'd rather watch risky match ups 50/50 fights then fan boy someone fighting journeyman after journeyman. So what is your point?

DJN16, Furious, Tyson Furry and 2 others like this.
  12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Wow, you’re so desperate for attention.

Furious likes this.
  13. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I too am sick of the Dave Allen show. Especially seeing as that fat slobbering bent legged mess Kugan, is trying to take credit for somehow getting Dave on Matchroom shows and now headlining his own show.

14. Fanta Punch

Fanta Punch New Member banned Full Member

Jul 30, 2016
    To the thread starter ... thank you for winding up the “hardcores” with this thread

Davepompeydave likes this.
  15. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Regardless as to whether Allen is a nothing fighter or not, isn't it really just a sign of good promotion if a guy like him can sell six thousand tickets plus? And why does that bother you? Surely Browne is a decent opponent for Allen anyway?

Why are 'hardcore' fans seemingly so upset about Dave Allen earning a few quid in a big fight for him?