Why do people make a big deal about walking around weight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jayme Chavez, Apr 14, 2019.

1. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    HBO always did fight night weights (fighters never disputed them) and GGG was always 170-174.

Jacobs was clearly ten pounds heavier than G that night. Not even close bro.

2. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Don't bother trying to discuss weight w/ James. Dude just trolls.... claims 3G is a HUGE Mw, much bigger than Jacobs or Canelo...

3. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Absolutely true. What happened to all the top talent guys from those groups? Its a bunch of guys in gyms between Philly and Maine that can get in on some of that regional love and build quite the career. All we got is Smith Jr. and I'm his only fan on this board. I guess after 2010 everyone stopped caring.

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Probably because Italian and irish Americans from the northeast realized that going to school and selling insurance was a better career path than taking punches to the head for pennies.

Also those groups tended to be discriminated against back in the day. And so many more chose boxing as a way to make a living. Now they just assimilated into white culture. The fact that Irish and Italian immigration has slowed down so much helps that too. If you look back into the 40s and 50s you see those Irish and Italians were boxing all the time.

White Americans in general have totally abandoned boxing. We had Kelly Pavlik at the highest level and then who else recently? When I go to a boxing fight and see the fans it's mostly black and Hispanics. White guys care so much more about MMA. Even at my gym I go to (fitness gym not boxing gym) I've almost never seen a white guy doing boxing workout. It's always some black guy or Mexican guy. White guys in general in 2019 dont care about boxing at all.

Willie Maeket likes this.