Why do people rate anthony joshua so high

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KeedCubano, Jan 21, 2021.

1. KeedCubano

KeedCubano Read my posts in a Jamaican accent Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    the guy was splattered by a fatman hurt by a green whyte and old pov dropped by shot wlad and ran very close by joe parker. even breazeale was beaten by bummy wilder much quicker n pulev was old man who joshua grabbed like an octopus whenever he got close.

and people talk like he's some future great.

2. JOKER

JOKER You Get What You #$@%ing Deserve!!! Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    No one really rates him that highly. I've never seen him on a P4P list. Not even crazed UK fans hype the rigid robot as a P4P fighter.

3. TipNom

TipNom Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    He has the best resume in the heavyweight division today

4. miniq

miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    AJ is very good, worthy of being the dominant heavyweight of this generation following Wlad.

Wlad was fatally flawed in the same way AJ is. Muscle bound stiff. Stamina issues. AJ is atleast willing to trade inside unlike Wlad.

Problem is he is in the Fury era & Fury is the future GOAT. Once in lifetime fighter.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work banned Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I mean he does have the best resume in the division what more can be asked of him at this point? Sure he's not an all timer but he's certainly at least the second best heavyweight in the world right now

6. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    He’s a world class fighter. He’s got the best resume in the heavyweight division. He’s actually criminally underrated at the moment.

7. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    it’s ridiculousy hard for heavyweights to be put on a P4P list due to being much larger men with a much smaller punch output than smaller weight classes. Fury doesn’t belong there. He’s got a better resume than people who are regarded as P4P fighters.

Hoddsey likes this.
  8. thejudochop

thejudochop Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2014
    I don't think he's rated too high. I think people recognize his shortcomings and rank him appropriately. Not sure if many people have him as the current #1 heavy weight, if anyone has him as a P4P top ten, and I don't think anyone ranks him as an all time great. He's just good in the division he is currently in.

9. Quina74

Quina74 Active Member Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    OK I'm going to assume you're a Fury FAN because it is highly likely. What about Furys best wins against an aged 39yo Clinchko (who made a career off beating mainly small guys) and a walking right hand AKA Wilder (yes he is athletic yes he has power and reach .. Just because you can throw and land right hand fast does not mean you have any decent boxing IQ)

RB1702 likes this.
  10. xnico

xnico New Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    I don’t believe AJ is as good as they crack him up to be

Fury will baptize him

Somali Sanil likes this.
  11. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Look at his last 10 fights. He's faced and beaten Whyte, Martin, Breazeale, Molina, Klitschko, Takam, Parker, Povetkin, Ruiz & Pulev.

Despite the loss to Ruiz, that is a pretty impressive record in itself.

Compare that to who Fury & Wilder have beaten in their last 10 fights and you can understand why AJ is rated so highly.

12. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Funny how in the span of a couple of years AJ went from overrated to underrated.

Hoddsey, TipNom and RB1702 like this.
  13. FromBuenosAires

FromBuenosAires Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    well, you can cherrypick the bad moments of any fighter resume like you did, he still has by far the best record at HW. nobody considers him a future great, just the most acomplished but flawed heavyweight today and clear number one.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    iamthegreatest and RB1702 like this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Active Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Quite the opposite at the moment.
    He has the best resume in the heavyweight division but because he lost agaisnt Ruiz (even though he schooled him in the rematch) and Fury beat overrated Wilder, people are writing Aj off.

Hoddsey and RB1702 like this.
  15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    How could he not be a highly rated HW?