Why Do You Believe Floyd Mayweather is TBE?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gannicus, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Peril

Peril The Scholar Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    This.

2. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I never said anything about Pac vs Floyd in a prime matchup. This is whether PBF can plausibly be called TBE or not. I had given my reservations and Pac doesn't really come anywhere into it.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Wrong dead wrong! You mean like Martin Murray who never won a world title? Or Stevens who never won a world title or beat anyone or Lemiuex a guy who got a lot of hype by Koing cans only to be destroyed by Rubio when he stepped up? Or Jacobs a guy who was put on ***** street by feather-fisted Sergio Mora, that Jacobs??? These guys are better than the guys you listed that PBF fought? You don't even believe that **** yourself.

4. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster SOG has 4 children...he pulls out of nothing banned Full Member

Apr 19, 2014
    in your opinion......but I think most reasonable guys don't rate those guys very much....and Jacobs isn't a scalp yet

5. The Shockmaster

Apr 19, 2014
    remember how many times Jacobs getting knocked by mora was mentioned when it appeared jacbos was gonna curb the ggg fight with money demands?

Pimp C likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    It's been very hard to win a 160 pound world title the last few years because of Golovkins dominance and politics. GGG is so much better than the rest of the division that nobody else can take his title. And the other recent beltholders like Cotto and Canelo were so busy draining Middleweights to 155 skeletons that they couldn't secure a fair shot.

None of those guys Golovkin has fought were shot like Hernandez was. Manfredy was nothing special. And like I've said Diego Corrales never lived up to the hype.

7. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Well who the **** rates guys like Hector Arroya, Justin Jukko, Reggie Sanders, Larry O'shields, Tony Pep and Angelo Nunez? Some of the magnificent opposition of Mayweather during his campaign at 130 pounds.

Peril likes this.
  8. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    But yet Murray Stevens Lemieux Jacobs are better? LMFAO! PBF's resume at 130 shits on GGG's that is fact. Hernandez was undefeated at 130 and was lineal there. Chico did live up to the hype his career was light years better than anyone GGG has faced period. If anyone's career hasn't lived up to the hype it's GGG's who at 35 has still never beat let alone fought a fighter of note. I always say if you want a real good laugh look at where PBF was at 35 and then look at where GGG is a 35.:risas3::risas3: . GGG is a diva he doesn't dare to beat great he ran from Ward like a dog and turned down a 15 million dollar payday to fight Canelo which is more than generous. His career is a cruel joke.

9. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    def not the best ever. maybe top 30

10. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Well first there is a difference between struggling and losing (especially by ko). If the objective in a fight is to win, then you better win. I've always said a W is a W. Now as far as holding it against Pac I don't know why you would do that with Torrecampo, but against Singsurat he was the champ. Once you have the strap you can't say you were green or not ready, dude you're a champ act like one. And again your objective is to win.

11. toxedo911

toxedo911 Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012

No one is disputing that Rocky is an all time great. He always be remembered.

He is a legend. But thats a heavyweight record. number one, and number two the 0 aint everything, but it does have meaning,

An 0 without all the other things I mentioned is meaningless....

Floyd skill and level of opponents make him a better boxer. But heavyweights by default are always seperated from the lower weight classes due to only being able to compete there.....

Overall the lower weights have better technicians, Heavyweights catch up after a generation or so.....But heavyweights are the best fighters anyways cause they bigger, and no man that boxes amongst all classes can beat them, but best boxers aka technicians are found in the lower weights.....

12. The Shockmaster

Apr 19, 2014
    the problem is no sane person rates any of the guys on gggs resume....the one guy that does rate comes from two weight divisions below...lol....

13. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I don't think there's one rational poster with a mediocre level of boxing knowledge that believes Mayweather is the greatest ever.

But for the amount of money he made, I'm sure guys who rank higher than him all-time would love to switch places with him. He really should be commended though for his longevity (although he did take a few years off here and there,) and the fact he took minimal punishment in nearly 50 fights.

It would've been great if he continued fighting at WW and JMW in the same style he used to employ offensively between 130-140, but his extreme caution at the higher weights while nearing 30 years old was logical and it allowed him to dominate there for a long, long time. Elite ATG fighter, no doubt.

14. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Lol! Video shows Floyd beating up on a mollasses footed green overrated Canelo who would lose to floyd tommorow if they fought again. A good but not HOF fighter in Corralles. A undersized Marquez who came up two weight classes and floyd didnt even have the decency to hold to the agreed catchweight. Baldomir who had 70 losses when they fought and a shot and limited Gatti.

Ive never considered floyd tbe nor do any serious boxing heads. Hes borderline top 25 or so. His resume just doesnt stand up on close inspection. Name the top 3 fighters he beat and compare it to the top 3 wins of other all time greats. Just doesnt compare.

15. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    for someone who is proclaimed to be "The Best ever"

his resume is quite garbage compared to the other greats