Why does AJ keep bulking up?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PistonHondai, Jun 23, 2019.

1. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Great denial post.

2. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    If you lift you should know , when you work really hard to grow ,you don’t want to lose any of it , actually most people get paranoid about losing their muscle . Everybody wants to look good , I think we are genetically formulated to appreciate beauty. In todays world muscular man = good looking strong man , so it increases your self esteem and social acceptance , in other words it’s highly appreciated by society . Also most people suffer from some kind of inferiority complex , so muscle and good looks makes you feel a lot more confident. I think all guys love to be complimented by hot girls and muscle def helps you get compliments and attention.
    I’m sure most girls would prefer joshua over fury and most guys would chose pretty girl over the ugly one.
    I don’t think joshua lifts to get bigger I think he’s just afraid to get smaller and as soon as you stop lifting you will start shrinking .

3. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Nah man he needs to slim down, it hurts his stamina big time.

Hanz Cholo, rski and Glenn McKrory like this.
  4. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Fighters at the level that Joshua is paywise don’t take criticism easily. McCracken clearly has never been crazy with Joshua being as muscular as he is, but knows he can’t directly say that to Joshua. Dundee even admitted that he had to use reverse psychology to get Ali to do what he wanted and it only worked half the time.

rski likes this.
  5. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Most women are attracted to things like confidence, sense of humor, and self-sufficiency (at least a decent paying job). They want a man who is at least fairly attractive with good hygiene, but extreme muscularity is not high on their list. I think many women would prefer the confident Ruiz who is genuinely pleasant and positive over the neurotic Joshua.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  6. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    True but one could be an inhibitor to the other his stamina is definitely being effected by his Mass (Both AJ & Ruiz)

7. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Everyone has a limit though. Otherwise we'd all be battering the treadmill getting ready for the Olympic marathon. He seems like the most professional athlete going with designs on a long reign at the top. I doubt he would jeopardise that because he couldn't be bothered to go for a run. Even his stoppage in the amateurs he looked gassed. It's just his achilles, I'm not buying he can't be bothered to work on his conditioning.

8. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    It was said he doent do weights but puts on muscle real quick. I guess you get some guys who naturally have good genetics and can build muscle.

9. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    I don't believe that is true. people were questioning AJ's bulk slowing him down and causing issues way before this loss, I know I was.

Ph33rknot, gdm and Hanz Cholo like this.
  10. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Truthfully we are all shrinking until we die lift or no lift & at some point even roíds won’t stop us from wasting away to decay atrophy & ultimately death.

gdm likes this.
  11. Benladdie3000

Benladdie3000 Member banned Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    not even those of us who are objectively looking at this?

12. nilrem

nilrem New Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Not a chance.

13. oldcanvasback

oldcanvasback Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2018
    cool, thanks. So not much lighter but he did look looser.

14. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    he's a gym rat that loves rinsing iron, cannot help himself.

15. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Yes i know theres more to it than just pumping weights