Why does AJ keep bulking up?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PistonHondai, Jun 23, 2019.

1. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    How do you know what Joshua’s VO2 max is or his anaerobic threshold? It could be exceptionally high. How many 6’6 250 pound fighters are there? So how can you judge his stamina, you have little context. The fact that guy can box for twelve rounds with smaller opponents tells me he has excellent stamina.

2. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    Compared to what? Muscle also utilises and recycles oxygen, improves movement efficiency.

3. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    You know Joshua runs constantly, and does ‘functional’ type gym exercises instead of traditional weightlifting right?

4. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    The triple extension is the triple extension in any sport. You have no clue.

5. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    But that has zero relevance to Joshua or any serious athelte. The only heavy weights Joshua does is for his legs.

6. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    I agree to an extent. I don’t agree that he lacks toughness. He lacks experience, people don’t seem to acknowledge that he is still relatively green. He had a short amateur career and started late. He hasn’t been exposed to all styles because of that, and Ruiz is a strange style for a heavyweight.

7. Above Deck

Above Deck Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I agree, and he is in trouble now its obvious. He can't box his way out of it, and if he tries to fight his way out and gets clipped - he panics and wants out.

8. mb1233

mb1233 Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    They don't really give you an advantage in punching power though.

9. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Well telling myself that seems to work better for me than me telling myself that they want very tall, extremely muscular multi-millionaires! But you're right I apologize about calling Joshua neurotic.