Why does Errol Spence keep wanting to fight smaller guys?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Garcia is next. Tbh I don't think Spence has much say in the matter.

2. Mike Gould

Mike Gould Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Let's see Spence fight the best fighters at 147 and settle that division first. Thurman avoided him for 2+ years and he is fighting anyone who will sign to fight him. I want to see him and Bud go at it because in my mind it's becoming a legitimate Superfight.

3. Mike Gould

Nov 16, 2017
    You do know that Porter fought at amateur at 165 and turned pro at 168, and you're calling Spence the weight bully? That is fact.

Ironmanmt likes this.
  4. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    And? Porter is a stocky guy but he's short and short so he HAD to come down to 147 to be competitive. I also think you are looking at the point without yer brain.

Jackman65 likes this.
  5. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Yea, yer still not using a brain.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

This content is protected

CST80 likes this.
  7. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Hi-Tek-Lomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Who is going to beat him?

8. Mike Gould

Nov 16, 2017
    You're calling Spence a weight bully when he is fighting someone who fought amateur/turned pro 3 weight divisions above him lol. Porter walks around naturally at 185-190 which has to be higher than Spence's off season weight. Bottom line is it is useless to call anyone a weight bully these days as most top level fighters are fighting a division or two higher than they would back in the day. Weigh-ins used to be day of fight (about 6-8 hours before fight time) and most boxers couldn't rehydrate more than 8-10 lbs in that time, especially without overnight use of iv's etc. They will never go back to same day weigh-ins unfortunately because lower weight fighters were getting killed because they were not rehydrating properly and their punch resistance was lower due to lack of fluids in their brain. I don't know really what the solution is but the IBF does do regular weigh-ins of fighters leading up to the fight to ensure that they are not a certain percentage over. It's a start I guess but Spence is hardly the worst offender.

9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Its called having balls
    Or so im told

10. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Must have been exposed to the recent " Giant Man " syndrome going around in the states,people are getting really injured to all around taking on things not humanly possible ,get your vaccinations. :coleman:

11. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    There's an asterisk next to everyone of Spence's stoppages I'm just saying!!
    Of course skills pay the bills but no more advertising Spence as a huge puncher

12. Ironmanmt

Ironmanmt Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Spence can punch as evidenced by the fact that he dropped Porter, who has a concrete chin. That shot would have ended the night for almost any other welterweight.

Mike Gould likes this.
  13. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Broner dropped Spence harder... I agree Porter has a great chin

14. Mike Gould

Nov 16, 2017
    I have a feeling Spence would chase Broner out of the ring though. He's relentless and I was impressed how well he maintained his composure in there with Porter who is a nightmare to fight for any 147lber.

15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    He does not he just wants to clean out and dominate his division. Strap season.