Why does Golovkin gets criticism but Crawford doesn't

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by STEPHEN1990, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    :lol: Naysayer "booted"

:beer-toast1:

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    10-2 easy work. :D

UnleashtheFURY and BCS8 like this.
  3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Nice start to the day I must say !

UnleashtheFURY and BCS8 like this.
  4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    If I was then my score would have been 10-1-1 to Golovkin. You realise this, right?

Still hung up on the little punchstat on HBO, huh? :lol: Some desk jockey forgets to update the counter and OMG it's a conspiracy :rolleyes:

... ummmm ... because it's a key criterion of determining who is winning a boxing match? Maybe? Ya think?

Conversely, your subjective interpretation of the effectiveness of a punch is problematic. How do you know how hard or effective a given punch is? How many lighter punches is a harder punch worth? What if a seemingly hard punch has no effect? Maybe it wasn't effective, then. Canelo's best Sunday punch landing flush, barely made Golovkin blink and he walked right through it.

I personally trust CANELO's interpretation of their effectiveness: ie - they were so effective that he was unable to stand up to them and had to run and cover up for fear of being knocked out.

That's going to take time that I really don't have right now. I think you may have noticed that I haven't been posting quite as much lately. That's because I'm swamped in work. I'll get back to you on round 9, never fear.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Lower weight fighters can move up easier. Crawford looks great but who has he beaten?

6. dougemerypm

dougemerypm Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Everyone he has fought!!!!

7. dougemerypm

Apr 15, 2017
    An intelligent and well thought out post. Glad to see you supported it with facts and that you are such a boxing expert.

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hey Terence

This content is protected

9. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Gamboa, Burns, Beltran, Postol and Indongo were all world champs.

10. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I can see the prejudice against Eastern European fighters, look at all the hate simply because they are Eastern European! I went through this crap when I did work for the Klitschkos years ago................believe me, all Eastern European fighters are hated in America because they work hard and are good. Golovkin had beaten plenty of champions and former champions. Cotto ran from him, so did El Pollo, Golovkin beat El Pollo's arse, he beat Lemieux when Lemieux was champion. Now Oscar will not allow Golovkin to fight until next May, they want Golovkin to be inactive. The prejudice it there, no doubt about it....................just look at the hate by some bigots.......................still, Golovkin was cheered by El Pollo's fans!!!

11. dougemerypm

Apr 15, 2017

12. Phelps-Brady

Phelps-Brady Slicker than Raspberry ripple banned Full Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Don't get banned will u bro

:lol:

Odins beard and mirkofilipovic like this.
  13. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    That's a childish excuse. You sit here and hate every black fighter but nobody calls you a racist. We know why you coincidentally hate Ward, Floyd and everybody else and why you always dickride Manny and whoever has lighter skin. I don't mind you because you're funny but your boxing knowledge is bull cacao and ignorant. Stop being a hypocrite you clown.