Why down on G but not Crawford?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by robert ungurean, Jun 27, 2017.

1. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So many people on G's tip saying he hast fought anybody by the same token Crawford gets talked about like hes the greatest thing to come along since May.
    Who the h#ll has he fought to warrent such praise why G continues to get crapped on.

titanic, SnatchBox and Odins beard like this.
  2. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    I think it's the age factor. Crawford is 29, GGG is 35. Crawford has more time and a longer future in the sport.

Plus, Crawford is American

3. The Kentucky Cobra

The Kentucky Cobra Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Boxrec is only publicized list I know of that has Crawford ahead of Golovkin. And that's over their weird star system that has Canelo as the #1 Pound 4 Pound, and few others would actually agree with that.

4. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    the problem is solelythat noone hardly ever starts threads claiming crawford is breaking records or an ATG ie there is little exaggeration of his abilities.

By comparison, 3G gets ultraexaggerated into all sorts of things he is nowhere near accomplishing like -

1. he will break bhops record (when hes still in single figure defences!)
    2. He is an ATG (when hes not even a case for elite yet)
    3. He is considered beating LHW kings, when hes never stepped into the weight category...
    4. He gets considered for fantasy fights against people he has no business getting in the ring with.

Noone ever makes up this stuff about Crawford! As if its because hes "American". The problem is actually that 3G is east euro!

The problem isnt 3G, its his fans. The only problem herein, is that someone STARTED THIS THREAD.

Earfquake, northpaw and LSomefun like this.
  5. Ten Piece Combo

Ten Piece Combo New Member banned Full Member

Jun 27, 2017
    This content is protected

Jacobs/Brook > Postol
    Lemieux > Diaz

This content is protected

Stevens/Murray/Ishida > Gamboa/Beltran
    Rosado/Monroe/Macklin/Rubio/Adama = Jean/Lundy/Dulorme/Burns/Prescott

Golovkin's resume, while not stellar, is better than Crawford's. Golovkin's best victories are better than Crawford's best victories.

wifly, Smokin Bert and Odins beard like this.
  6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Crawford fought and beat Postol a guy many here said would beat him and said he would duck. Crawford is also younger has moved up in weight and has a better resume.

dougemerypm likes this.
  7. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    Crawford's age shouldn't factor into the debate. Using age actually HURTS your argument as you should be giving Golovkin MORE CREDIT for fighting a young prime beast at his age.

Crawford is moving up because he's a massive weight cutter. He fights at 140, but rehydrated to 158 in his last fight. Golovkin isn't a weight cutter and would be small at Super Middleweight.

8. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Crawfords resume isn't better at all.

robert ungurean likes this.
  9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    St
    Stevens and Ishida are not above Gamboa and Beltran! How delusional can you be?

Nonito Smoak, mccallschin and Pimp C like this.
  10. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    How come wen its asked who has G fought the answer is never who has ducked him?
    As far as moving up why is that such an issue now a days?
    If the man is comfortable at 160 and doesnt struggle to make weight then why all the heat for him to move up?? Hagler Monzon Valdez to name a few never moved up. This shouldnt even b put into the equasion.
    I mean lets face it Canelo should have been a MW yrs ago. He walk around and hydrates more than G for yrs and played that catch weight bs for yrs. Duran Arguello ect ect never needed a f#cking catch weight. They manned up! Catch weights should b banned! Either step up or shut up.

RacingBeat likes this.
  11. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    Ishida pulled the handbrakes and derailed the Kirkland hype train in spectacular fashion. Golovkin remains the only the guy to KO Ishida (Pirog couldn't do it despite landing bombs over 12 rounds). Gamboa was tiny and had looked terrible in recent outings (almost stopped by Drian Francisco). Beltran's always been a rugged, durable, B-level type guy. He's only recently looked like a beast after being busted for roids.

12. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Yes it is Postol beat Lucas who was supposed to beat him. He had a lot of hype surrounding him after he beat Lucas. Many people here picked Postol to beat Crawford and expose him. On the otherhand Jacobs never had any hype and he's considered the best fighter GGG has fought. In fact before the fight Jacobs was expected to get KTFO and no one picked him to beat GGG. Now after GGG fights Canelo he will have the better resume but as of right now he doesn't.

northpaw, boxingbull and BlizzyBlizz like this.
  13. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Jacobs was never rated here and Brook was a career WW fighting for the first time at the full MW limit stop it.
    I'll give you Lemieux but even that is debatable
    Stevens/Murray/Ishida are no way in hell better wins than Gamboa and Beltran.
    Crawford's win over Postol is better than anything GGG has ever done.

dougemerypm likes this.
  14. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    You have an issue with the thread I started but still answered? I happen 2 respect both fighters so wats the issue?

15. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    He hasn't been a big deal as long and has fought at least one guy that was supposed to beat him. Even with a Canelo win, GGG won't have done that.