Why has Cotto not signed to fight margarito yet?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bronx, May 6, 2008.


  1. Scar

    Scar VIP Member Full Member

    76,128
    2,767
    Jul 20, 2004
    Wasn't Mayorga mentioned as an option?, could be him.
     
  2. Tito Time

    Tito Time slayin um Full Member

    3,919
    1
    May 24, 2006
    Sorry I confused you... I sort of know Cotto and we had a party for him in AC at a club (I posted pics). If the fight is in Vegas, I am saying the party for Cotto (if he wins) will be at studio 54.

    I didn't contact him regarding the Margo fight.. I will wait till after its
    announced
    .
     
  3. Shev

    Shev Active Member Full Member

    508
    0
    Jun 9, 2007
    Maybe Arum wants to do a unification for wba & ibf but he's having problems with glove sizes, venue and mandatory defenses.
     
  4. Atritionist

    Atritionist Boxing Junkie Full Member

    11,473
    0
    Apr 7, 2008
    :good

    Gotcha,
    well i do hope they announce something soon...
     
  5. Atritionist

    Atritionist Boxing Junkie Full Member

    11,473
    0
    Apr 7, 2008
    There is no problem with the gloves, thats already been settled, 8oz. The fight is taking place in Vegas.

    It's either more money that Cotto is wanting. Like i keep saying, as long as he fights PBF.

    or they are deciding to duck Margo, and leave him for next year when he might be less dangerous, and lacking some steam. Margo is at his peak NOW.
    I would hate to think this is the case but it wouldn't surprise me, being that this happens way to often in boxing now days.
     
  6. Spitbucket

    Spitbucket Guest

    Unless Cotto is secretly working on a fight with PBF, it would not look good for him to not take this fight.
     
  7. Ramshall1

    Ramshall1 Boxing Addict Full Member

    5,838
    0
    May 16, 2007
    Im gonna give Cotto the benefit of the doubt until theres enough evidence showing he ducked him. God I hope Cotto doesnt pull a Floyd.
     
  8. BigBoss

    BigBoss .................... Full Member

    84
    0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I don't really see what the big deal is about. The fight is already set. Top Rank already said they expected the press conference/tour to start around May 19th or so. It'll be in Vegas. Cotto is already in training as he said he would start training 2nd week of May. He'll sign the contract when Top Rank irons out the final details on guarantees and PPV issues that was the haggle. It's not a big issue that boxing sites are going to detail except the PR newspaper sites, they'll be the first ones who will break news of his signing on the dotted line. The fight is happening, sit back, relax and just wait.
     
  9. Tito Time

    Tito Time slayin um Full Member

    3,919
    1
    May 24, 2006
    fight shouldn't be an issue...
     
  10. Antwuan Maxx

    Antwuan Maxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

    13,248
    2
    Apr 23, 2006
    So Cotto is headed to middleweight? Mayorga hasn't made welter since 2003, and needed horse steroids to make 154 in 2006.
     
  11. Scar

    Scar VIP Member Full Member

    76,128
    2,767
    Jul 20, 2004
    Well that's what the rumors said and I believe they said that it's going to be at Welterweight. Also if you haven't noticed yet, Mayorga might replace Judah for Mosley and I don't think Mosley is going back to Middleweight either. I've also read about the rumors of Mayorga planning to move up to Middleweight again and possibly fighting Pavlik but so far it doesn't seem like he will with all this Mosley/Cotto talk.