Why is Alexander Povetkin so highly regarded by the folks on this forum?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oakland Billy Smith, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    He's been a fun, well schooled heavyweight with some nice wins and performances on his record.

That said, his run as WBA titleholder was awfully disappointing, his post Wlad run has left me a bit underwhelmed, for the most part.

KO KIDD likes this.
  2. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Concur

A Russian Hype job who never delivered while hiding in Russia.....while sitting there claiming not to be "ready" whatever that meant, he was high up the rankings but he used every excuse in the books to go MIA.

His resume is filled with totally shot washed up has beens or never weres.Fact.....

His best wins are fatty Chambers and the murderous Huck...

Got ragdolled by glass chinned WK like a barbie doll......he could not even muster up a caveman Sam Peter performance .....

Got iced by a mentally weak packing pure China British hype job....

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  3. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I've yet to work out why you see the worldupside down,but credit for starting to admit it at long last.

4. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    If you are referring to India?, I suspect they are so hard that they leave gold medals to women.

admit it at long last.

5. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    To be fair Povetkin was washed up and old by the time he fought in the uk.

That's why Price nearly had him out of there.

I lost a lot of respect for Alexandra after he was found to be a 2x dope fiend.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt for the melodium but then to have have ostarine in your blood later down the line, is unforgivable.

And there are of course special people who seem to think it's his opponent's fault for Povetkin deciding to inject roids in his neck

They chemist designers should name a steroid after Povetkin.

NoNeck likes this.
  6. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    If Povetkin was such a bum then Wilder wouldnt have ran back to Alabumma with his tails between his legs over an alleged "failed drugs test".

He then fought an actual proven PED cheat in Fury instead, so lets not pretend he didnt fight Povetkin over a "moral issue". It was a straight duck folks.

I think Povetkin would have stopped Wilder back when they were due to fight. Now, I doubt it as the years have racked up on the clock

Povetkin was an elite HW but at a certain point in the last 2 years he went over the top and got too old to be considered still elite.

Mr Icaman, BCS8 and Luis Fernando like this.
  7. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This.

Let's not forget Stiverne and Ortiz both tested positive and Wilder fought them.

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  8. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    having a fight with someone who then fails a drug test before the fight starts is a duck to you, interesting.

having unrelated fights with 2 people who didnt immediately fail drug tests before the fight is proof that the "duck" above is true? interesting...

thats a new level of reaching.

9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Ortiz and Fury both failed drugs tests just before fighting him and he still fought them

Explain why Povetkin is different

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Povektin popped dirty on fight week. The WBCs anti doping policy meant the fight was instantly called off. It had nothing to do with Wilder.

Wilder did not fight Ortiz when he popped dirty. That fight was also cancelled.

11. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Which like Lucas Browne they drank contaminated sports supplements..

12. Mr Icaman

Aug 31, 2015
    It wasn't called off nothing had been decided except Wilder and his team were already on their way back to the states, lol the boi chickened out..

BCS8 likes this.
  13. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    According to the testing authorities the amount of Meldonium detected in Povetkin's urine was well below the permissible limit. It's Wilder that ran. He jumped on the nearest plane and screeched back to America leaving a trail of luggage.

14. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Would you stop reading my mind and beating me to the post every time? :eek:

Mr Icaman likes this.
  15. Mr Icaman

Aug 31, 2015
    lol your boi did a weeee little piggy and ran all the way home....

BCS8 likes this.