Why is Pacquiao willing to fight Loma instead of Crawford?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 17, 2018.

1. JohnnyDrama99

JohnnyDrama99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Felix beat Vazquez and was a good win but he wasn’t moving up. Diaz lost to Peterson at welterweight 7 or 8 months before his win over Vazquez. Most of Diaz’s fights were at welterweight. He would fight between 140 and 147....mostly 147 and even had one fight at 154. Diaz is definitely legit as is Indongo. Both very good wins for Crawford..

jmashyaka likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Why do Pacquiao haters care so much who he fights at this point?

The CV of Manny Pacquiao: A 39 year old former 8 division world champion. Fighter of the decade during the 2000's.

It is 2018 and he currently holds no belts whether they be minor, major, lineal or otherwise. He is no longer rated p4p and falls outside the elite of his current division, let alone p4p. He is no longer held in high esteem boxing skill/talent wise. And he's no longer the exciting TV friendly fighter of his youth.

So at this point all that can be said to his haters is just, hop off his nuts.

3. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Pacquiao-Cotto (145)

Pacquiao-Marquez III (144 at JMM's request)

Pacquiao-Algieri (144 - Chris was going up to welterweight and never weighed above 140)

Pacquiao-Margarito (150 - Margarito was 18 pounds heavier on fight night)

What size advantage(s) did Pacquiao enjoy over ANYONE?

4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    That's exactly it. Can't fight a soft touch after a lay off or a woefully outmatched mandatory when you are fighting once every 8 months. If you are fighting 4x per year then you can have a keep busy fight.

jmashyaka likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    The guy is a flaming jackass. How many former Flyweight champions do you know who have enjoyed size advantages over opponents in the Welterweight division.

6. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Is the answer not obvious?

Rumsfeld likes this.
  7. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    I don’t know what you do for a living, but pretend to be Al Haymon for a moment. If investors gave you $400B and the networks gave you a bunch of primetime TV slots, are you telling me that you couldn’t do a better job than he has? Since PBC rolled out on March 7, 2015, Master Al has treated fans to:

Garcia: Malignaggi, Guerrero, Sammy Vargas, and Run Time

Run Time: Guerrero, Collazo, Porter, Garcia

Porter: Erick Bone, Broner, Thurman, Berto, Granados

Spence: Sammy Vargas, Phil Lo Greco, Chris Van Heerden, Alejandro Barrera, Algieri, Bundu, Brook, Peterson

Broner: Molina Jr., Porter, Allakhverdiev, Theophane, Granados, Mikey Garcia

Jacobs: Truax, Mora, Quillin, Mora again, GGG, Arias

Quillin: Andy Lee, Michael Zerafa, Jacobs, Dashon Johnson

Wilder: Molina, Duhaupas, Szpilka, Arreola, Washington, Stiverne, Ortiz scheduled.

Gary Russell Jr.: Jhonny Gonzalez (2015), Patrick Hyland (2016), and Oscar Escandon (2017).

Fighters tend to be proud, somewhat delusional, and willing to fight whoever they need to for the glory they’re after. Consequently, I don’t blame the fighters for the scheduling as much as I blame Al and the people outside the ropes. If Al cared about the sport, his fighters, and the fans, he would make the best fights possible to build his fighters’ profiles and turn them into recognizable names.

Just my 2 cents.

jmashyaka likes this.
  8. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    The true reason is that he's been shot for over 5 years and it's not getting any better.

jmashyaka likes this.
  9. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I mean Linpets is out why doesn’t Loma fight Garcia instead?!? Because of money obviously but I mean what does beating Pac-Man do for Loma at this point. Other than the name?!? He could just fight Garcia at this point that would probably mean more. Yay Loma beat Pacquiao after Jeff Horn Lol. I just don’t see the point in fact if money is the goal then khan should be pacquaios next opponent not Loma. Side not I’m not sure “passing of the torch” works anymore it didn’t work for Bradley it didn’t work for Horn maybe Arum should just work Haymon and company and make the fights people want. Because of Arum Crawford we can go ahead and assume it’s safe to say he will never unify 147 due to politics

10. ATG22

ATG22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Crawford is a great fighter, no doubt. But don’t compare him to the generational talent is Loma. Crawford may very well be a HOFer and deservedly so, but Loma is ATG talent.

As for PAC against either, I actually think he’d have a better shot at finding some success against Bud. Loma is just so fast and slick right now he may embarrass an old PAC.

11. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Margarito fights at 154 not 150, Pac had him come down so he was a bit more drained, same with Oscar and Cotto.

Manny did not allow his opponents to fight at the full weight limit, I don’t care that he did because they signed the contract but he did do it.

12. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Loool your giving all these titles to Loma without him earning it, he may well be these things eventually but how can you say that when he has already lost and has never unified any of the divisions?

No one agrees with you and obviously Pac doesn’t either, everyone seems to think Loma is the more winnable fight.

13. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I just told you Al don’t care about sport nor does Arum, Oscar or Eddie, do you know how much money Al made from making those crap match ups? Remember all those guys are PBC fighters and he gets a cut of their purse.

I’m not here to say Haymon done a good job I can clearly see the PBC had **** match ups and if I’ll goes under I really don’t care but I don’t Haymon has done much worse than the other guys. They all slimy promoters who don’t care about the sport and only care about their paychecks.

14. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Why the **** is fighting at 147? Then guys like you are jokes you love when they pull it off but make a excuses when they lose, you can’t have it both ways. Pac beat great fighters in a lot of divisions if he can beat ‘bigger men’ then don’t complain when loses to bigger men.

15. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Maybe because he is 39 years old and shot. He is not going to fight the number 1 pnd for pnd fighter in the world. So the next best thing is the number 2 is a much better match up.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018