Why is there no Facebook/YouTube stream for Frank Warren undercards?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sean Gibson, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Sean Gibson

Sean Gibson New Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Seems ridiculous to not offer a streaming feature before they go live on BT Sport. No one knows who Warren's younger fighters are because of it, and when they do make it into a Title fight it means nothing to most as they dont know who they are. Say what you like about Hearn, but at least you can watch his prospects live, and they build a following.
    E.g. Willy Hutchinson, Ryan Garner, Zac Chelli, Lucien Reid, Harvey Horn, etc.

2. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Cost probably. Although foreign broadcasters often show more undercard fights than the domestic broadcasters.

Sean Gibson likes this.
  3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Is there any real demand?

4. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Frank will be relying on those up & comers to be selling hundreds of tickets to friends and family. Putting the fights on a free stream means many of those potential customers will just watch on Facebook at home.

stittyb, BigStiffIdiot and Holler like this.
  5. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Warren's not really built any of his own ticket sellers in the UK. Even Fury v Wlad 2 couldn't sell.

He needs to try something.

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I think that’s what he’s trying to do with Yarde and Dubois.

7. Sean Gibson

Dec 31, 2018
    But it would get them known to a wider audience which is surely more important for the long term?

8. Sean Gibson

Dec 31, 2018
    There is for matchroom so why not for Frank's?

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Warden stuck in the 90s and being left behind

10. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Hearn has managed to attract the modern lad culture and football fans pretty much
    Warren I thought by know would've been superseeded by his son or needs a more slick modern front man

11. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I think its alot to do with bt. i remember them selling the boxing as a night watching sport on bt sports1 . They were saying you start with the football then the boxing and maybe cross over to the ufc. They should at least put the undercard fights as a tape delay until the next day either put it on bt or boxnation. I know they still do the commentary and film the undercards, because in the past they have shown an undercard fight at a later date

12. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    No i am not really arsed when its prospect against bum but they in the past they have had good undercard fights which were not shown on tv like williamson vs flattley