Why Is Tyson Fury's PED Cheating Ignored, While People Disparage Canelo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Many people call Canelo Alvarez "Clenelo" due to a positive PED test. Clenbuterol has shown up in drug tests for many Mexican athletes in recent years because of meat contamination in the country.

But Tyson Fury had a similar positive test for an anabolic steroid nandrolone, and blamed it on eating wild boar testicles. And unlike clenbuterol which is in the meat in Mexico, there are very few British athletes who test positive for nandrolone!

To be fair, since people constantly disparage Alvarez, shouldn't they nickname the big dosser something like "Tysonandrolone Fury?"

2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    because most people are hypocritical children.

3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    He's from the European side. The people who really care about his legacy (either way) are British. They don't tend to supply nicknames like that.

bjl12 and Oddone like this.
  4. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    I also don't understand the Canelo hate. Faced GGG three times, knocked out Kovalev, fought Mayweather in his early 20's. He has never ducked anyone.

EJDiaZ, bjl12, Pezee and 12 others like this.
  5. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Yeah it's hypocrisy to be fair. Although I think many top people in sport are on gear most just don't get caught.
    As you say though some seem to get a pass and others get tarnished and it follows them throughout the career.
    A good example is Ben Johnson from the 88' Olympics. So although Johnson gets all the heat the reality is they were all juiced to the nines it's just Johnson forgot to cycle off the cocktail of gear he was on the others didn't.

6. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    It's always the case that the top tier will always have vocal detractors.
    I like watching him fight I just don't like the preferential treatment from judges and some of his fans are moronic and deluded...although I can level that at Fury fangirls as well tbf.

Ph33rknot and HellSpawn86 like this.
  7. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I agree, Fury needs to be called out for his PED use. I guess people cut him slack because it happened a long time ago when his life was in ruins. Drug use, mental breakdown, massive weight gain and step away from the sport, etc.

Also, unlike Canelo, Fury never gained tons of muscle and always looked flabby. Guys who gain suspicious amount of muscle like Canelo and **** hot are always going to be suspect. Fury looks flabby now and looked flabby before. Not excusing him but that factors into it. Plus he’s probably less of a diva (most of the time) and isn’t surrounded by the cloud of corruption that surrounds Canelo. Canelo lost the first GGG fight and was gifted a draw, he got spanked by Bivol but the cards were disgracefully close. Fury beat wilder in the first fight and got a draw. Fans see the corruption that always seems to favor Canelo and the drug use and slap on the wrist punishment as one more example of the rotten corruption that taints Canelo.

Also, he may not have officially ducked anyone but Canelo sure did avoid prime GGG for a long time. He also talked about a Bivol rematch after the fight and I’m pretty sure it’s not going to happen ever. Even though Canelo was talking about fighting a cruiser. Suddenly he’s too small for SMW? Looks a little like a duck to me even though the first fight was someone sided I don’t think anyone wants a second. Especially ginger balls.

8. Lazar

Lazar Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Yeah, that one was swept under the rug with not much noise.

9. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    How can you blame someone for hoovering uncastrated hedgehogs; theyre so delicious.

Clenbuterol from beef. Idk

JOKER, oldcanvasback and Levook like this.
  10. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This content is protected

Manning and Levook like this.
  11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    A hedgehog sandwich?? o_O

12. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    The reason why ALL of these ped cheats don't get the perma-boot from boxing, is because this isn't America during the great days of boxing. Back then it absolutely would not be stood for. No way, no how.

13. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I call Fury the Boar Meat Bomber.

14. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Fury support is full of hypocrisy and irrationality, so this shouldn't be too surprising.

BubblesUK, Finkel, Pimp C and 4 others like this.
  15. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Never ducked anyone? Are you serious? He waited until GGG got old. He used weight requirements to disadvantage his opponents. He fought second-tier fighters in upper-weight classes. When he fought legitimate champions in the higher weights he got beat up. Why hasn't he fought Benavidez? That is the fight most real fight fans want to see. Why won't he fight Beterbiev? We know why on both counts.

Tolak80, like a boss, HolDat and 3 others like this.