Why is UFC commentary so bad?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Oct 17, 2021.

1. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I don't mind UFC commentary that much. I try to judge commentary based on them saying things that provide insight and maybe add interest or make the broadcast more entertaining.

I mostly tune out a lot of the commentary but for me a commentator just has to be really bad for me to notice. A horrible speaking voice, no real insight of any kind, or saying things that are not accurate

I feel that Rogan adds interest and excitement with knowledge sprinkled in, I think all the ex fighters are pretty good in their own way and dont feel distracted by the fight callers.

2. Tug Wilson Tactics

Tug Wilson Tactics Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2021
    I've always been a fan of Cruz's trash talk and his interpretive dancing in the octagon, but his commentary during the Khabib vs. McGregor fight elevates him to a whole new strata for me. When the Dagestani Weeaboos heard him drop that ground-and-pound line, it almost made Conor's diatribe during the lead-up to the fight seem not so bad by comparison.

As silly as it was, I would still rather hear that than the other commentators enthusiastically dropping "FIGHTER A IS CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF A CUSTODY BATTLE AND HASN'T SEEN HIS KIDS IN 3 YEARS" during a fight like they often do.