Why isn't Wilder interested in unifying?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Dec 8, 2019.

1. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Wrong. Dazn ppl is the reason why wilder didn't sign with them

2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    How can Wilder unify when no one can hold onto a belt?

RING stripped Fury in 2018 ... the same year Fury fought three times and Wilder and Fury signed to fight.

Every time someone defended a WBA, WBO or IBF belt this year, there was a new champion.

Hell, three of the last four times the WBO belt has been on the line, the title changed hands.

Now people say the WBO belt will be vacated and Usyk will fight for it next. (So that'll be four different WBO champions in five fights?)

Meanwhile, Joshua spits out his mouthpiece and quits because the pressure is too much. Ruiz party's too much and eats himself out of a belt because the pressure was too much, but says he'll get in shape "next time." Fury needs tuneups to get "sharper" because the pressure was too much and he got out of shape, then he nearly bleeds to death against Wallin, and then starts a career in the WWE.

Who the hell is Wilder supposed to be unifying against when the champs of the other orgs can't hold a belt longer than one fight? This is like the 1980s where there was Larry Holmes and the other belts switched hands every time they were on the line.

The only constant in this division for the past five years is the WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder.

Deontay Wilder is the #1 heavyweight in the world right now. Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher in the world right now. And, if I'm not mistaken, Deontay Wilder is the longest reigning world champion in the whole sport of boxing at the moment.

Oh, and I might add, the only guy in the division who doesn't feel the "pressure is just too much." (LOL)

10 straight successful title defenses (9 by KO) ... and defense number 11 coming in February against Tyson Fury (if he doesn't back out again like he did in 2019).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    AdamT, Reinhardt and sauhund II like this.
  3. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yeah it was DAZN, they really ****ed up their signings for GGG, Canelo and Joshua.
    They probably messed up by not having his contract as a colored book with crayons, I doubt the idiot can read.
    DAZN isn't good enough for King Wilder :risas3::risas3:

lordlosh likes this.
  4. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Lol what’s your malfunction mate? Parker had the WBO belt for 16 months while wilder was champion.

Didn’t want to unify against Wlad we finkel said he was a “baby champion” and “wasn’t ready” after 33 fights, awwwww baby champion how cute.

5. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    In an interview last month with Lance Pugmire of The Athletic, DAZN executive chairman John Skipper commented on the Wilder negotiations, saying: “In retrospect, I was too brash going in there without creating the relationships I needed to create with the people who advised Deontay Wilder. I have now worked to do that. It has to do with going back to the education I needed before getting into boxing … When we left that (Wilder) meeting, I knew we messed up and that we weren’t going to be successful.

“We were impatient, and after having some early success, we wanted to move quickly. Now I understand that I’ve got to work relationships, work within a framework and understand other peoples’ self-interests and needs as well … If I had to do it again, I’d have gone in and said, ‘I’m playing the long game.’ I’m playing the long game with Canelo and GGG, too.”

6. Jackal

Jackal Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Same reason he avoided Wlad, cause he's a paper champion b!tch.

7. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Could not say it any better with those belt clown shows.....belts were always highly political and the Don King/duvas/arum were no different, if you aint with them and dancing to their beat you get shut out.

8. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Wilder has always been interested but his team are in a pissing contest with Eddie so it won;t happen..

Reinhardt likes this.
  9. Jackal

Jackal Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Is that why he didn't fight Wlad, cause of Hearn?

lordlosh and UKboxingfan like this.
  10. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Lol here we go, Eddie’s fault again. Was it his fault the previous 3 and half years when wilder was champion and AJ didn’t have every other belt?

Doppleganger and Jackal like this.
  11. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Did Parker ever show ANY interest in fighting Wilder ? Not that I know....correct me if I am wrong...where is Parker now, is he screaming for a match now or is he attending another Spider bite ? Fury is a roller coaster who talks out of his azz 99% of the time.......the belts are a 100 % political.

12. Alphafighter

Alphafighter Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Not sure where this talk of Wilder ducking Klitshko has come in. Don't think Team Klitshko ever made an offer or reached out to team Wilder If that never happened then you can't accuse Wilder of Ducking Klitshko

To the contrary Team Wilder have been screaming for a fair deal without massive discrepancy in pay in a super fight with AJ but team AJ insisted on pricing themselves out with ridiculous demands ie 80-20, take it or leave it

Reinhardt likes this.
  13. Jacko

Jacko Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Parker used his brain and went down the AJ route as that is where the money is. He also got decent money for fighting Whyte in the UK, and would have had decent money for the Chisora fight.

All of this still doesn't answer why Wilder never tried to unify with him or anyone else.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  14. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    No he knew Wlad would have KHTFO, he was Scared of Wlad probs still is now..

I wasn't actually blaming Eddie.

u bad@reading!!!

15. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Bingo, he ain't risking Joshua against Wilder, no way. He's already talking Pulev, and Usyk