Why its so common for heavyweights to be out of shape in fights?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by baconmaker, Jan 24, 2017.

1. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    I don't see a lot of that in other weight divisions. I think that ruins some excitment in HW division, because most of the guys there have horrible diets 1/2 year and they only try to get in shape when the training camp starts. Have a few expections Klitschko, Joshua, Wilder and Parker who stay in shape, but the other guys are just terrible when looking their dedication to the sport!

When I look old school films they were all ripped and in great condition. A lot of the old timers were around 190 - 215 lbs range. They really worked hard and stayed in good shape through out of the year.

2. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    they can afford to due to lower cardio demands and boxing standards today.

Also more poor diets today.

3. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Alexander Headvetkin would be one of those terribly out of shape heavies that you speak of but he takes Meldonium and Ostarine. ****en scumbag cheat.

4. baconmaker

Apr 23, 2013
    Your lazy fat ass would get floored even by pre-meldonium Povetkin LMAO.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    They should have their licenses taken away if they are clearly out of condition and it effects their performance.
    The worst thing is the guys who they feed to prospects who turn up out of shape to get beat up. Some of those are so fat and out of shape I almost expect them to suffer heart attack before the first bell has even sounded.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  6. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Simple really... they don't have to make weight and, therefore, do not have that discipline forced on them. What they weigh is effectively their choice, and they are not gonna be fined or lose a belt, or the chance to win a belt if they come in heavy. That's not the case in all other divisions where fighters want the advantages of rehydrating after weigh-in and will come in as tight to the weight, in the lowest possible division that their body can support.

Rockradar, Malph, KiwiMan and 3 others like this.
  7. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    **** you and **** Headvetkin.

8. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Blizz wants some of that sweet, sweet Ostarine, yo!

9. baconmaker

Apr 23, 2013
    Even if Blizz used ostarine he would still get KTFO by pre-meldonium Povetkin. LOL

Really. That lazy fat ass Blizz can't stand white heavyweight champion like Povetkin, thats where that hate comes. LMAO

10. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Most of them are simply not dedicated.
    They're plodders.

11. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    I know for a fact that Odlanier Solis always worked very hard to make weight to fight as a heavyweight. True story.

12. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. They also don't have to make weight.

13. shanahan14

shanahan14 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jul 5, 2011
    I always find it funny when people use the "some people have different body types" excuse. Plain an simple, unless you have a medical condition, if you train hard you will be in shape and appear in shape. Yes, there are some runners out there who are not ripped by any means, but when you see some of these heavyweights, it's clear they don't diet and don't care.

A guy like Wlad is 250 lbs. and he is always ripped.

chitownfightfan likes this.
  14. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Lol! People like him can take all the Ostarine in the world and still wouldn't be a FRACTION of the fighter Povetkin is :D Regardless of how much they hate Alexander

Rudy, Mekar, Drymarcon and 2 others like this.
  15. chitownfightfan

chitownfightfan VIP Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Ummmmm.....you do remember that HW has no wieght barriers outside contractual limits made between fighters, and that if a top fighter like Jermall Charlo didnt work his @ss off between fights he'd find himself across the ring from Usyk or Huck or some shiit like that.

I mean, let's have a look back at what Tommy Hearns looked like as a LHW/CW or how Duran, a FW, fared as a MW.