Why not Wilder vs Ruiz Jr? and who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    I doubt he avoided old man Ortiz.

He fought Joshua on short notice, and went to New Zealand to face Joseph Parker. Wilder would never, ever fight a decent heavyweight outside the USA.

For years, Deontay Wilder avoided everybody who wasn't either a chinny clubfighter or a faded old man.

Decker, Finkel, RB1702 and 1 other person like this.
  2. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    That’s n
    That’s not true, Wilder travelled to the UK and took on the best. A fight against a prime A force Audley Harrison on home soil takes balls.

3. Perkin Warbeck

Nov 4, 2017
    Poor old Audrey Harrison.

She was never very good in her prime, but she was badly faded by the time Wilder fought her.

This content is protected

4. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I specifically stated that outside of a title bout. And here's Ruiz, stating that he needs a tune up fight before taking on old man Ortiz who was coming off of getting KTFOd by Wilder:

https://www.*****.net/2020/03/02/andy-ruiz-luis-ortiz-hitlist/

5. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Saw the Haye interview th
    Saw the Haye interview the other day. Not sure on the laws regarding gambling but he Basically admitted to knocking him out in a pre determined round.

6. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Can't see either fighter taking this. Unless there are nega bucks at stake neither is known for taking risks or showing ambition. And this isn't a nega bucks fight.

7. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Wilder would have a hard time pushing his “the King:greatest ever “ schtick if Ruiz took him out, not long after Fury deflated his “royal reign”. LOL

But wilder is such as juvenile minded guy, though, he’d come up with something childish. He was pretty creative with a “too heavy costume” excuse, though. LOL

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  8. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Yup tough to pick this one. Which is exactly why it won't happen in the current era, unfortunately. Wilder vs Parker is another one that would be a great gauge of where both are at.

9. Perkin Warbeck

Nov 4, 2017
    Old Audrey was so easy that Haye could knock her out in whatever round he wanted to.

10. ideafix12

ideafix12 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    i pick Ruiz jr points or late tko

11. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Love this fight, and I think it is 50/50.

A real crossroads fight for 2 legit contenders. I just don't see them taking the fight though unless they had their backs to the wall and were forced in to it, which is clearly not the case. Sadly.

12. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Wilder is too skinny. Wont satiate Jr’s immense hunger.

13. thejudochop

thejudochop Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Hoping this fight gets made. I think Ruiz has enough chin to get inside on Wilder. Hoping Ruiz comes to fight day in shape (for his standards). If he does, I'm picking Ruiz to win by KO.

Decker likes this.
  14. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Great match..make it happen! Both guys need a "come back" win. Crossroads fight for both of them. Winner gets a title shot, the other fades into Bolivian.

Salty Dog likes this.
  15. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Fury was back in the gym for almost a year and had 2 tune-up fights in 6 months leading up to wilder. Furys body looked identically flabby in fight 1 vs fight 2. He was tuned up and looking like himself if you ask me all of this talk of Fury not being 100% and his bs mental health problems are just excuses for getting put on his back by an unskilled fighter he outweighed by 60 pounds