Why people love AJ and want him with all the belts on

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Dec 9, 2019.

1. MrTombourineMan

MrTombourineMan Торрейра хорошо. Full Member

Apr 16, 2016
    It's quite simple really. He's not Wilder.

He isn't deluded beyond all reason. He doesn't describe himself at the greatest HW of all time after beating Bermane ****ing Stiverne. He doesn't avoid unifications and other such challenges like the bloody plague. He has a fundamental grasp on the English language. He doesn't dress like an absolute weapon. He doesn't screech a god awful catch phrase like an autistic tourrettes sufferer. He doesn't incessantly pout like a 14 year old girl with daddy issues. He doesn't preach about being a family man while also claiming to want a dead body on his record. Ét cetera, ét cetera.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    GK BOX, Oreet Cha! and JDub like this.
  2. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    10% of the population are real solid mother****ers. keep that in mind when holding popularity in such high regard

3. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    No I don't care if he eats kids or goes to church every Sunday. Although it is a bonus when the fighter is a nice person in real life the priority for me is skills and legitness.

4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Well, at least half of everybody is an idiot. So when half of everybody likes something or someone...

5. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    I don’t like AJ coming out with these new “needed an operation” before the first fight excuses either. It kind of takes away from coming back from a loss in a bad ass manner. I thought what he did in the rematch was brilliant, but now he is every bit as bad as Ruiz in his behaviour afterwards with the delayed excuses. I was ready to embrace AJ but these shenanigans by him and Hearn to maintain his brand are a bit pathetic. He lost that first fight, he can’t erase it. He could have taken the higher road there...

6. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    It was more his fans, AJ is likely to have a documentary coming out soon to explain exactly what happened and why his loss was an aberration. He is going on about some operation he needed, maybe a brain transplant, Eddie probably has a few in storage.

7. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    He made no excuses in the ring that’s what counts
    These other headlines are far less relevant