why the criticism if Fury fights Charr

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mister Pugilist, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Mister Pugilist

Mister Pugilist Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2022
    when its clearly a tune up fight for a showdown with Usyk later next year.

he's not afraid of AJ but he probably would fight AJ post Usyk. AJ still a risk so he doesn't want to lose that potential Usyk money

2. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    I have no problem if Fury fights Charr. I do have a problem if it's a title fight. Charr has absolutely no business fighting for a title and has done nothing in the last five years to deserve that opportunity.

3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Fury fought like 5 months ago in what basically amounted to a tune up. Why does he need another one so soon.

4. HEADBANGER

HEADBANGER TEAM ELITE GENERAL Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Because otherwise there's a chance he goes into the usyk fight 12 months out of the ring

Thunderstorm, UmarIFLUmar and Safin like this.
  5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    It's a terrible fight and there are better boxers he could be facing, that are still at a low enough risk level. But I understand why he would do it.

Joshua, after all, faced Molina and Breazeale in consecutive title defences. That really is shocking.

6. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Because Fury has to move heaven and earth and do everything Usyk and Joshua want him to do, otherwise he's a big ducking fraud. Usyk wants to take Christmas off so won't fight in December? No worries. Joshua won't sign a contract Fury sent him? That's fine. But when Fury refused to pay off Joshua and Whyte in order to make a fight with Usyk happen then he gets it both barrells.

There's only 1 top heavyweight actively trying to make these fights happen but people still moan about that. He's supposed to sit on his hands until Saint Usyk decides he's ready.

DaRealJT and MAD_PIGE0N like this.
  7. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I'd be surprised if they went with Charr and not Kabayel. Charr really is a very strange opponent.

DaRealJT and Safin like this.
  8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    A terrible opponent is Charr.

Kabayel is at least only 30 odd and undefeated, and has schooled the likes of Chisora before he even became PPV Chisora. He is also better than many of the opponents Wilder and Joshua have faced in world title defences, while at the same time posing seemingly little risk.

DaRealJT and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  9. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Fury is #1. He shouldn't be messing with fighters who are below top 30 even as a tune up.

10. thurmanthegoat1

thurmanthegoat1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Agreed charr is dog****

11. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    fighting once a year isn't good for anyone

I wonder sometimes what has become of this sport or its fans

I don't want to see Fury fight Charr but it's better than him sitting around doing nothing with the excuse he is waiting for Usyk. but I read fans here actually suggesting he should do that!

world champion boxers should be fighting 2 or 3 times at least every year.

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  12. FastLeft

Apr 23, 2022
    I think Charr is below the cut-off level of an acceptable challenger to world number 1 boxer.

I would say Agit Kabayel, Martin Bakole, Frank Sanchez, old Luis Ortiz would be acceptable as easy tune up. but Charr misses the cut. I think so anyway

13. FastLeft

Apr 23, 2022
    hopefully it will be Fury v AJ
    no one can really argue that AJ is unacceptable tune up for Usyk
    AJ is still solidly top 10, possible top 5

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Fury will be coming off 10-11 months of inactivity going into the fight against that MW sausage/easy nights work for him if he waits a whopping couple of months to fight his fellow finalist in the final for all the marbles in the fight the boxing world is desperate to see.

Usyk was coming off 11 months of inactivity going into both AJ fights, a whole year out before he fought Chisora, and he was out 11 months after beating Bellew

He fought them all in their backyards with the exception of Saudi albeit is was a very pro AJ location and the deck was stacked against him again and he was giving away huge physical advantages to all of them

sasto, BEATDOWNZ and kirk like this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected