Why the hate for Dave Coldwell?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    He always seem's to get torn apart on here, but why can't you stand him?

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    When David Price lost to Hammer Coldwell completely threw him under the bus and took no responsibility for the defeat. He immediately said that he had nothing to do with his S&C training and took no responsibility for the fact that Coldwell himself advised Price to bulk up to 275lbs for that fight which to any reasonable observer would have made him more liable to gas out.

To put that into context Price weighed in at 250lbs for the second Thompson fight when he gassed out after four rounds. It was so dumb to bulk him up that heavy but Coldwell dodged all blame. For a final bit of context, Price weighed in at 257lbs for the Dave Allen fight when he cruised through the rounds which goes to show how idiotic Coldwell’s advice was.

I don’t hate Coldwell but I don’t particularly like him. He clearly has a massive ego and I find that annoying as ****. His treatment and training of Price was horrific though.

If I ever saw Coldwell in public I’d probably go over and say hi and chat boxing for a bit so I definitely don’t hate him. He’s just a bit of a wanker though, if you get what I mean. Bit slimy.

3. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    He's full of excuses and I've yet to see him take any responsibility for any of his fighters losses. I don't mind him but can see why people find the slyness unappealing.

I also recall him blaming the chef after McDonnell's loss against Inoue, not the fact that he went into that trip/fight completely under prepared.

Holler and Arnie like this.
  4. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    He just looks snide, take all the credit when it goes well, as soon as it even borderline goes south, hides and blames everyone else

Arnie and BXNG101 like this.
  5. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    We've got two threads running simultaneously here about the dislike for Coldwell and Fowler. Says something doesn't it?

For me, Coldwell is the epitome of a man who would sell his own mother and father to get ahead in life. An utter slimeball with zero morals, a chancer who looks to ride on the coat tails of someone else and then take the credit for it.

Everything about him just screams slimeball to me. His little pedo goatee and beard, his waxed eyebrows, his shiny little bald head, his sht eating smile. Urgh.

Have heard several stories about him about trying it on with married women, partners of mates. Quite why any woman would want to talk to this grotesque little weasel is beyond me.

Apart from that he's an alright fella.

Arnie and DirtyOldTown like this.
  6. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    He was completely clueless with Ryan Rhodes v Canelo, it was embarrassing. He’s lucky that Hearn likes him.

7. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Because he's 5ft 3in

Fhaggis likes this.
  8. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Because he's a little rat-faced sneak. You wouldn't trust him to empty your bins, he looks that untrustworthy and sneaky.

Arnie, Jurgen and BXNG101 like this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I hate him because he is an inch bigger down below than my 11 inches - the only guy in the gym that can plank with legs and arms off the ground.

Just cannot accept this fact.

Sorry I hate him but cannot live with this.

BXNG101 likes this.
  10. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
  11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I recommend anyone to listen to the Boxing Life Stories podcast with him. I like him, I like his story, I believe he thinks the world of his fighters. I appreciate I’m in the minority with this though.

12. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Nothing really against him, just think he comes across a bit smug and pleased with himself. The way he was with McDonnell in Japan was embarrassing, acting surprised that the food was different ffs

pow and Arnie like this.
  13. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    He's just a slimy little weasel turd that is a know it all as well.

DirtyOldTown and Arnie like this.
  14. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    his momma called him dalvinder, so I'ma call him dalvinder

lol.

I think he's not liked because he's a rubbish trainer really with a high opinion of himself. he's lucky that bellew got him in matchroom's good books.

15. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    The best kid he's brought through himself is probably Jerome Wilson. Wilson's book "Wiped Out" is a good read. Penfold doesn't come across too well.