Why the hate for Yarde?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Mar 9, 2019.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I have thought from the start he looked good but last night he was top quality imo...That short left hook lead was superb...

I understand people want everything now but he looks like he is progressing very well to me..

Beast of a man

CutThroatFade likes this.
  2. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
  3. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Why the hate? Talks about Kovalev, fights guys barely ranked in the top fifty, and doesn't look that good whilst doing so.

Yarde is a frustrating throwback to the days when prospects fought dross for years. The public, boxing fans and casuals like, have become more used to seeing fighters taking on challenges on a more regular basis these days.

Gatekeeper and destruction like this.
  4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    :risas3: Turn it in

lewis gassed likes this.
  5. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Personally it's because he cost me about 800 quid last night . ...think its because after what 16 or 17 fights we should know a fair bit about him and his level by now. ... And we still have no idea .. Has somehow managed to get a number one ranking off the back of fighting absolutely no one at all and bypassing nearly every domestic challenge along the way

And that lions in the camp **** he was screaming last night, made me think he's an even bigger dick

6. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    because he fights average to below average guys.. then him and his camp brag about how good he is... plus lions in the camp is annoying as hell and cringeworthy

Smudge_ likes this.
  7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz That new gorilla tape, is it silver backed? Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I feel like he is just playing the system like someone with a council house.

Talks a good game but

Won’t fight for the British title, Euro title or world title so what’s the point???

He will cash out soon

8. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I don’t think it’s so much hate for him as hate for Fwank’s matchmaking as well as his ridiculous ranking with some of the governing bodies.

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Prayed for Shadow,Waste of time,Still a nincompoop Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He looked decent last night

His lions in the camp nonsense is horribly ironic considering he fights no bodys

And I don't even blame Frank to much with the match making
    His trainer and Manager is to blame for that

Frank will go along with it as his list of prospect's is short so plays along rather than upset the apple cart

Sphillips and DON1 like this.
  10. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I didn’t see the fight. Can someone share what the ‘lions in the camp’ thing is about?

11. John-tha-dunce

John-tha-dunce Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2016
    He's been saying it for years now it didn't just start last night.

12. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Help me out mate - saying what? (I’ve not followed him closely)

13. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    People just being sheep. He clearly doesn't pick his opponents.

14. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    The Yarde camp are a bit corny in their attempt to hype Ant ! They talk this and that with rubbish about Lions in the camp .. quite harmless I suppose . The issue for me is the WBO crazy rating of Yarde and you argue that’s not Yarde’s fault ! However Yarde’s camp use the rating to avoid fighting rated British fighter but won’t fight top ten fighters because of his limited experience! Forgetting all of this based on last night performance against a decent, albeit a 38 year old , boxer Yarde showed he is a decent prospect. Will he fight Kovalev this year ? I think not but not my call.

boxingfan1986 and Scissors like this.
  15. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Hasn't fought anyone in the top 50, has avoided all British rivals whilst holding the #1 WBO position hostage